Image not available

3840x2160

SketchUp-logo.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 913644

Archfag here. Can someone explain to me why normies detest SketchUp? It's the easiest shit ever while every other program complicates the simplest stuff.

Anonymous No. 913646

It’s a tool for architects
/thread

Anonymous No. 913761

>>913644
Another architect here, sketchup should only be used for base modelling then exporting to a superior software. It's literally baby's first model software in terms of anything.
If you are an architect and you still use it for everything other than environments of a project, you should worry. You should know by now that BIM modelling is almost mandatory at this point in any worthy firm, and Revit or Archicad can provide the plans PLUS the model, while also providing the engineers with the info for material listing and pricing. Sketchup only works as a base to export a room to 3ds max or lumion, to make some cheapo render, which would imply you lack the rig to pull some good rendering software. So I can understand why normies would hate it.

Image not available

1280x720

mushroom peaks.jpg

Anonymous No. 913766

>>913644
The only time I've ever seen SketchUp taken seriously was in the old days of making custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii. Blender was an absolute clusterfuck of a program when the game came out, hence why nobody used it for making tracks until the second half of last decade.