Image not available

802x560

F3170072-A6E4-467....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 927297

Hi, im new to cg, learning by myself some blender and Ae, im facing this problem when importing to elements 3d this model ive done on blender. Tried to fix normals but didnt work… any ideas? Thx in advance

Image not available

479x321

259F32F2-9F3D-4F7....jpg

Anonymous No. 927298

Anonymous No. 927384

Try triangulating your model; your software probably doesn’t like ngons.

Image not available

737x613

PROB2.png

Anonymous No. 927394

kinda solved yesterdays matter, i thought i was fixing normals but actually wasnt...
Now when i import it into elements3d (after effects) it only gives me this error with the letters, i made them by knife projecting a text onto the model and then extruding it, the thing is round letters have many many points and would be rough to remove ngons manually... any ideas? (dunno in the problem is actually ngons either )

Image not available

669x514

PROB2.0.png

Anonymous No. 927395

Anonymous No. 927396

>>927395
update, it is actually ngons, verified on the little rectangleshaped hole on the bottom right part, it didnt show up until i removed the ngons from that face, then i guess ill have to remove it from the face where the text lays on.
the manual way i do it by subdividing edges and joining points looks like a dumb way to do it tho. if anyone can suggest a smarter way would be awesome

Anonymous No. 927399

actually solved, selected faces with more than 4 edges, converted to triangles, then to quads.

Anonymous No. 927471

>>927399
In Blender, you can do this with a modifier. Dunno if you're already aware of it, but drop a triangulate modifier, set the Minimum Vertices to 5, and you'll have a convenient modifier that triangulates all your ngons while preserving everything else (remember to check Keep Normals) and have "apply modifiers" enabled in whatever export settings you use.