Image not available

1080x639

1621480497464.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 927734

For those of you who aren't NEETs, what do you do for a living while you learn/do 3D shit?

Any recommendations for choosing a job/profession that allows enough time on the side for 3D shit? Other than not getting a job at all and somehow doing creative shit, as Brian Eno suggests artists to do?

Anyone here do VFX, technical art or tool development? If so, how long would it take to break into the field as a beginner? Thanks

Anonymous No. 927744

bump

Anonymous No. 927745

>>927744
You don't need to bump. Your thread will be here for months.

Anonymous No. 927747

I live on a hippy commune, which allows me to get all my needs met working what's akin to a part time job where I can set my own hours. I have lots of time for 3D and ample opportunities to do creative stuff to meet my work quota here. The tradeoff is I bite my tongue a lot because I'm surrounded by looney lefties and commies. I figure if I ever get a job in the industry it'll be the same shit in that regard.

Anonymous No. 927749

>>927747
What kind of work do you do on said commune

Anonymous No. 927750

Lots of carpentry, Gardening/cooking/dairy processing. Everyday shit like doing the dishes qualifies as work. I also do a fair bit of electrical work/fixing up appliances. The nice thing about these sorts of places is you can learn a bunch of practical things and bounce around a lot if you start to get bored. I didn't have any skills when I showed up

Anonymous No. 927966

>>927734
I used to work reception at a hotel in an area people didn't really come to visit.
Hotel was empty 90% of the time, and if someone did end up coming in, I only really had to deal with them for all of 5 mins or so.
So I'd just bring my laptop and game, or work on 3d projects.
Also had a similar job as a lab monitor when I was in college. All I had to do was make sure no one fucked up the printers, and fix it if they did. It was always late nights, so no one ever came in, and my friends and I would just basically hang out and do homework, or I'd again, play games and work on 3d projects.

Obviously they don't pay much, but these days, most jobs don't pay enough given the workloads involved.
Can't beat being paid to fuck around though.

Anonymous No. 927993

>>927749
Homosexual prostitution, mostly.

Anonymous No. 928116

>>927993
Sounds like a living hell