1680x1050

blender problem.png

๐Ÿงต Blender lighting not working

Anonymous No. 887488

I start a new project but the lighting isn't working. I was watching the Blender donut series and his lighting just naturally works in realtime with shadows. Whereas I seem to be stuck.

647x548

lightsseetting.png

Anonymous No. 887489

Anonymous No. 887492

Youtube tutorial are for nigger and trannies, look at the documentation like a real man.

Anonymous No. 887493

>>887488
>his lighting just naturally works in realtime with shadows.
You started midway instead of the very start. There are several things that he sets up in order to get it to work.

Light reacts to every surface and object, so place a cube or plane under an environment

Anonymous No. 887552

>>887488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8qK5zPqgM

Anonymous No. 887750

>>887488
This looks like a gpu issue, had something similar happen to me. Try updating your drivers, because your light is there and it shouldnt look like that

Anonymous No. 887752

>>887488
EEVEE or Cycles? As another anon said that does look fucked, like some GPU shit is happening (AMD gpu? non-cuda nvidia GPU with 'force GPU' mode fakery stuff?)
Unless you actually put a restricted render bounding box over the viewport (ctrl b and drag, iirc; very useful).

By default it's set to EEVEE not Cycles, and by default EEVEE's extra things (ambient occlusion, shadows iirc, reflections, some other things) are turned off by default partly because they're "expensive" and partly because they require a little extra knowledge or setup (they don't "just werk" out of the box).