> be me
> 10 years of autistic /ic/ DRAW FROM LIFE
> got pretty gud
> buy ipad pro on a whim cuz I got some money
> whizzing around nomadsculpt like I'm spiderman

Feels so good I'm wondering how much better zbrush is. My main issues are
- annoying to set up reference images
- no way to group/collapse objects

but what does the $885 difference buy me? Cool effect brushes?

What's a standard zbrush hardware setup anyway?

Anonymous No. 889626

>buying a sequence of 1s and 0s
Lol faggot

Sent from my Xiaomi - M2012K11AG

Anonymous No. 889629

Zbrush is more something to think about when you need to do actual production work or start running in to limits with nomad, just chill and sculpt for now. When you need zbrush you'll know it.

If you're serious and want to eventually do pro level work it'd be worth it to start getting used to it sooner rather than later though.

And just a cheap xp-pen/huion tablet and any PC is fine.

Anonymous No. 889643

>>889607
lol thats like comparing paint to photoshop

Anonymous No. 889644

>>889607
>annoying to set up reference images

draw palette > turn on floor on z axis
then front-back > map1 > import your image
then just scale, adjust

that wasn't so hard was it?

Anonymous No. 889663

never used nomad but i assume it shits the bed with very high poly meshes, but if you don't need to go that high then it's a non issue

does nomad have polygroups?
does it allow you to hide part of the meshes based on those groups?
how's masking? can you mask quickly and smooth out the mask?
does it have transposing?
does it have move topological? dam standard? mech cut? hpolish?
does it have dynamesh?
how are the insert mesh brushes? i guess if you're fully into sculpting you may not need them, but does nomad have them?
can you change the brush's alpha? does it let you make or import your own alphas?
does it have a way to add surface detail with procedural noises?
can you import displacement maps and apply them to the mesh?

Anonymous No. 889733

Haven't used the trial version more than a day now but hard surface seems like a real pain in the ass with the workflow they have. The operations are there but they're folded under multiple menus and it's really unintuitive.

Anonymous No. 889734

Still, I think it might be the best modeler I've seen on mobile as of yet, including the touch interface. There's a long way to go.

Anonymous No. 889735

but shit is DOA if Blender ever gets a proper conversion to Android with a touch interface that isn't total unusable garbage.

2048x1536

2ed13e657dcf1a5f4....jpg

Anonymous No. 889774

>>889607
If you have a compatible device I highly recommend just getting it, it's great as a bloody beginner tool to get into sculpting.
Nomad is very much intended as a sort of sketch pad for 3D sculptors to just go at it on smaller devices like your phone and tablet, the name Nomad alone should make it clear it's intended as a companion application for ZBrush and Blender users.
Exporting and importing is easy and the developer is constantly expanding Nomad, maybe some day it will become big, who knows. It's a one man project and the guy is pretty based.
>>889663
>does nomad have polygroups?
no
>how's masking? can you mask quickly and smooth out the mask?
yes
>does it have transposing?
no, apparently wip
>does it have move topological? dam standard? mech cut? hpolish?
yes
>how are the insert mesh brushes?
as far as I know limited to tubes, otherwise adding and importing + mirroring does the job
>can you change the brush's alpha? does it let you make or import your own alphas?
yes and yes
>does it have a way to add surface detail with procedural noises?
no

Anonymous No. 889787

>>889774
it doesn't have mech cut retard don't say yes if you don't know what that is
it doesn't have hpolish either and it doesn't have most of the adaptive trim brushes

Anonymous No. 889791

>>889787
It doesn't have actual move topological either, genuinely sorry for that brainfart, I didn't actually mean to type yes.
It also doesn't have Dam Standard, I made my own by copying the Crease brush and modifying it, it's not great but good enough to just fuck around.

Anonymous No. 889794

>>889774
>the name Nomad alone should make it clear it's intended as a companion application for ZBrush and Blender users.
That makes perfect sense. It's great if the developer understands that and optimizes it for that niche.

Anonymous No. 891260

>>889607
nomad but they move so i was fine 10 years ago, much better now, don't what zbrush tho? yes maybe explain I'll try. still nomad style now much better for economy, you gotta teach me send message now MT8GA