1197x1095

Screenshot 2022-0....png

๐Ÿงต trying to understand cloth

Anonymous No. 889904

im trying to create a model of two characters simulating a pose while at the same time simulating the look of them wearing variations of ponchos / baggy coats. the end goal is something i can 3d print and physically paint later.

my workflow is KodonVR volume which i plan to continue fleshing out the shape, then move to modeling to clean up the smoothing and polys a bit (and then assumably) blender to do the finer details, and then finally whatever software is required to create a 3d printer file

i have pretty much no background with 3d modeling, so i have no idea whether what im doing is too convoluted or if theres a better way to build what im envisioning, im basically using this as an excuse to hit multiple basepoints in whats needed to 3d model and end up with something i like

2000x2000

Untitled-1.png

Anonymous No. 889905

all sides of what ive currently got shaped out

2000x2000

starfetchers.png

Anonymous No. 889906

references to the characters, Starfetchers Sanyati and Zambezi
the pose is elden ring What Do You Want? gesture using two people. not sure if any of this info will be useful but throwing out what direction im aiming towards

Anonymous No. 889907

>>889904
Just get marvelous designer and solve this in 5 min. And yes, your way is very convoluted. Also, vr sculpting sucks

Anonymous No. 889911

>>889907
i gave it a quick look, pretty impressive. if i were to go this route would the best thing to do be create the models in a t-pose/a-pose, put the cloth on and then somehow give the figure a skeleton to move into position? or put the fabric on post posing?
im assuming it would be best to completely flesh out the models down to the visible facial details, run this software and then export to printing

Anonymous No. 889931

>>889911
if it's a poncho (ie no sleeves) you can just sculpt them in pose and throw it on, should work fine

Anonymous No. 889969

>>889911
Its probably faster to make something in blender with a plane and then assign a cloth sim to that once its on the body than learn marvelous designer unless you are going to constantly make clothing that is flowing.

Anonymous No. 891240

>>889904
maybe try moving legs not good for the flow man. better get in shape, we got nice tea for that so maybe you can try? try again if you will so yes no? i will say so, VSGXA