1280x720

1629042058255.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 890164

Why do you people say that Designer isn't necessary on each and every texture when it clearly contains many nodes that simply aren't present in Painter? Painter can only do 10% of what Designer can.

Anonymous No. 890214

>>890164
You opened a whole new thread pretending like you’re someone else just because you couldn’t refute a counterargument in another thread? Really? How about you watch ANY professional 3d prop creation tutorial and tell us what software they ended up using for texturing?

Anonymous No. 890218

>>890214
Refute my arguments. The facts are you get far more nodes in Designer that don't exist in Painter. The relevant tutorials I can name are all by Daniel Thiger and there are about 10 of them. His results are outstanding and he uses both software simultaneously.

Don't be so mad that I erased one of your precious cris threads off this board.

Anonymous No. 890235

>>890218
You can't even tell the different between material creation and texturing an asset.

Tileable materials - SD, add in Zbrush, SP and any other program to the mix if you want to
Texturing props - SP (or Mari)

You can't handpaint stencils in SD for example. SP has plenty of tools as well, you're just not even aware of them. You have a very shallow view of this topic, please stop wasting everyone's time with these shitposts.

TL;DR - texturing != material creation

Anonymous No. 890236

>>890235
>You can't even tell the different between material creation and texturing an asset.
There is no difference when you're doing it all yourself. Look again at Thigers videos. He goes back and forth.

>You can't handpaint stencils in SD for example.
You're not supposed to. You use both softwares. You're splitting hairs to attempt to prove something

Anonymous No. 890237

>>890236
I'm working in the industry primarily as an environment/prop artist atm. Are you gonna teach me how to use those tools properly when you're so smart? You clearly know more than me, you watched ALL of Daniel Thiger's videos after all!

Anonymous No. 890238

>>890237
I dont care what you are. You are just one man. People do things differently, same as in any in any industry. Just because you prefer not using tools that are available (from the same company no less!) and give you a shitload more nodes (probably because you don't understand them because you don't have a thorough enough understanding of the principles of cg!), doesn't mean that others like Daniel and I shouldn't use them. Piss off

Anonymous No. 890244

>>890238
I'm speaking on behalf of my entire studio and all the clients I worked with as well. For props it's SP 99% of the time. I do use SD when necessary, but it's very rare in production. I use it often for other things though. Just shut up and learn something. Daniel Thiger isn't texturing assets, he is mainly creating tileable materials with. You're a typical stubborn 4chan shitposter who will never admit he's wrong.

Anonymous No. 890247

>>890244
You haven't seen his videos and his results are better in those videos than what you achieve you shitposter. Go away now

Anonymous No. 891227

>>890164
yes but he was a good expectator, RXY2J