640x443

xoembxvf0kf71.jpg

๐Ÿงต 1 year gap in employment as 3d artist.

Anonymous No. 890596

How fucked am I?

After my last job contract expired I decided to take a few months to work on portfolio and a few personal projects with a group of college buddies. A bunch of personal stuff happened, went through a huge breakup, and I ended up just saying fuck it took the rest of the year off to focus on figuring out where I want to head in life and questioning if I want to do 3d art anymore.

I'm coming up on 10 months and now I'm scrambling to get a portfolio together to start applying for jobs.

How fucked am I for getting hired somewhere? What can I do to explain it?

Anonymous No. 890607

>>890596
Take some selfies of yourself crawling thru the underbrush in camo gear and explain how you went on a daytrip to Ipixuna Brasil.
This is when your uncles 4x4 broke down just as you both came down with COVID.

You had to survive on rainwater and tadpoles as you slowly nursed yourself back to health for the hike back to civilization.

Anonymous No. 890608

>>890596
? Just shit out some stuff to put on your portfolio and say you've been doing freelancing. Are you stupid?

Anonymous No. 890622

Doesnt matter. I took a 12 years off cg industry jobs, then saw a cg job that seemed interesting and I got offered the job. However the interview process reminded me why I left cg for other industries and I declined the job.

I kept up with cg and digital art as a hobby for those 12 years, so it's not like I was horribly out of date. Even if you haven't been working at all for nearly a year I still wouldn't worry about it. A prospective employer only cares that you can do the work and be productive on day one. They plan to treat you like shit regardless of your employment history.

Anonymous No. 890627

>>890622
>A prospective employer only cares that you can do the work and be productive on day one.
actually they care about diversity hires and quotas more than that

Anonymous No. 890628

>>890627
holy shit they found a way to make the cg industry even worse, not surprised they jumped all over it.
Should OP even bother applying if he's not a cock sucking BIPOC?

Anonymous No. 890657

>>890596
take pictures of your hand using DIY tools and then say you sculpted your looks in real life for a year

Anonymous No. 890659

I'm getting close to a 4 years gap. But I'm in webdev.

Anonymous No. 890660

>>890659
who cares about webdev

Anonymous No. 890666

>>890596
June 2021 - April 2022 - Professional "lifestyle" media production and promotion (onlyfans)

imports No. 891966

>>890596
just say you had to take care of a family member. that gets their heart strings in a roll and adds pity points to your chances of landing the job.

Anonymous No. 893720

i'm surprised you people have trouble finding work. there must be many people and organizations who'd pay for technical blueprints and designs, right?