800x450

juan-alfonso-001.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 891018

did the creator of this pc
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NGo9Z5
need to make a high-res model that was baked in lowpoly.
Or can you just make the lowpoly model and make all the details in substance painter
would seem to remove a lot of hassle for me

Anonymous No. 891066

of course you can make them yourself if you're a skilled texture artist, the highpoly bake is much faster and easier method though

Anonymous No. 891070

>>891018
>would seem to remove a lot of hassle for me
which one baking or texturing?

Anonymous No. 891074

>>891018
Probably a high poly to low poly workflow which is a standard, but not 100% sure here. Those paneling lines could have been painted in Substance though, they look imprecise at some corners.

You can stamp normal details to get certain high poly info, but you won't be able to add smooth bevels and curvatures on your LP just by painting them in Substance. So you're either gonna have to make a high poly to bake from, or go for a mid-poly model which basically has more bevels and geo that will hold the proper shading. This PC already has quite a bit of bevels in some areas which wouldn't be necessary usually.

In short, it would be very hard if not impossible to make the model look the best it can be without making a high poly first. I'd advise to do it properly, but if it's a background prop in a shot, do whatever you want, it could be literally 4 cubes with some textures and be good enough in certain situations.

Anonymous No. 891103

>>891018
>Or can you just make the lowpoly model and make all the details in substance painter
You can, but it's a mistake to do it because baking from high poly to low poly can not only be faster but also vastly better looking