960x914

BFE6B9A9-FA18-43E....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 891223

Are there any good tutorials on doing stuff like this in blender:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0r7GdC5Bu0

I’m a traditional animator, but lately blender has really caught my interest. It seems they added a ton of features I’ve wanted in older animation softwares for years, but still don’t know how viable it is just yet.

Anonymous No. 891234

>>891223
why not truck maybe tried the blender good nice very fast crop done in the morning sir, good movie tho. MYDWK

Anonymous No. 891943

>>891223
Bumpu

Anonymous No. 891950

viable for what, m8?
for making the next marvel or pixar movie with 60 billion poly scenes? not really.
for making most other things? yeh, it's fine.

go ask specifics in the blender general, they can be helpful.

Anonymous No. 891953

>>891950
Sorry, made the thread before the new blender thread was up.

And mostly I’m just thinking to switch to it for traditional animation in a 3d space, though making art like in the video would be a neat way to get used to it. A big draw to it is that it can generate lineart off basic 3d models. Seems like Blender is at the point where it can save a ton of time on my projects and every little snag I can think of it having that previous animation programs had, I’ll look it up and it has already been addressed.

Anonymous No. 892396

>>891223
yes, check dedouze work and follow BNPR on twitter. You will eventually find tutorials or walkthroughs on similar styles

Anonymous No. 892921

>>891223
jama jurabaev has some tutorials to do these kind of things like your pic

1334x750

C9D931B5-8C0C-412....png

Anonymous No. 893270

>>892396
>>892921
Awesome, thank you.
>like your pic
Also trying to create assets like in the video. It’s like 2d drawings made 3d with the proper volume and gpen lines being hidden at the proper angles.

On a side note, I’m amazed this software hasn’t caught on yet with 2d animators. I’ve used Flash, Toon Boom, and TV Paint and every pitfall those programs has, Blender seems to address. About my biggest gripe is the lineart tools can be a bit wonky, but even then they are no worse than flash.

Oh, and one last thing. Does anyone know how to bake the lineart modifier only to keyframes? I know you can just apply it individually to each frame, but I didn’t know if there was a specific setting so it just makes it only for your keyframes instead of generating gpencil lines for every frame.