2000x1125

IMG-20220415-WA0001.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 892646

Hey /3/
I'm a little new to blender, but I want to get into doing some architectural modelling, based off actual designs.

I have a gift idea for my dad, where I take some drone footage of where his new house is meant to be, and use some camera tracking to put a 3d model of his house there, so that it's sort of like a close-up of what the real thing is meant to look like.

I've done the camera tracking and some other bits in blender before, but I haven't done the actual modelling the house part. I saw *some* videos using archipack and I had a dabble with it and it seems good. But I still feel a bit on my own with it, and I would like to get something good going.

Is there any good resources on modelling architecture in blender? Is archipack the bee's knees?

Anonymous No. 892909

Bump

Anonymous No. 892980

>>892646
I'm not in Archvis, but any time I fucked around with Archipack I just got fed up with it and questioned why the fuck was I wasting time fiddling around with that when I could do the same thing quicker on my own.

That being said, if you've got no knowledge of 3d at all, you might be better off modelling it in Sketchup and then transferring to Blender for the materials/rendering.
Sketchup was pretty intuitive back when I first tried it (and I was pretty young at the time), but that was kinda when it first came out. Still, I doubt it's gotten more complex since then, just more robust.

Also, there's a dedicated thread for questions, and for Blender. I suggest you use those next time, as you're more likely to get answers there. Not to mention...
>bumping a thread on /3/

Anonymous No. 893013

Thanks.

Funnily enough, after spending a day fucking around with archipack and getting nowhere with its wall builder shit, I was able to get far further with my rudimentary blender knowledge of e,r,g,s and loop cuts in like 2 hours or so.

I'll just try to get gud and lurk more. SketchUp is a good idea, I'll try it,

Anonymous No. 893018

>>892646
A thread died for this thread that could've been on the stupid questions that faggots have thread

Anonymous No. 893027

Don't be so hard on the newbies, you miserable chudcel.

Anonymous No. 893028

>>893018
Don't be so hard on the newbies, you miserable chudcel.

Anonymous No. 893096

>>893028
>chudcel
You will never be able to change biology you faggot. Enjoy your xy chromosomes

Anonymous No. 893169

>>892980
>>893013
Long time skp user here. One thing to keep in mind is that you can't UV in skp without plugins, which can result in a lot of time wasted when it's brought into blender if you don't understand how to set up your files in skp in a way that will transfer easily.

If you just want a nice visualisation of the house with a cam that flies around it, I'd suggest looking at the SketchUp to twinmotion workflow. It's very easy to wrap your head around.

Anonymous No. 893297

>>893096
You will never be a real nazi, chud.

Anonymous No. 893311

>>893297
>chud
>being this faggy and easily offended that they think it's offensive
Nor do I want to be. Your insults are just as real as your delusions.

Anonymous No. 893930

>>893169
Thanks.

To be honest, I spent a few hours trying to model the house just with raw blender and it was less hard than I was thinking. Trying to make the walls and shape with archpack was an all-day nightmare, where I could just cube and extrude things easily.

There's also a don't man tutorial about a house that he sorta speedruns and it's very helpful, so I might just try and go this route, and make them as accurate as I can.

Picture in coming in a few days or so

Anonymous No. 893931

>>893930
Donutman *

Very good for a beginner like me I think
https://youtu.be/1aNnERnHRZg