3464x3464

PicsArt_04-22-12.....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 893155

3D bros fucking help me

In Blender, trying to bake lighting to a blank texture, but the bake doesn't seem to be catching all the light sources. I have a blue and a white, but the bake seems to only get most of the blue and nothing else. So when I apply the baked texture and disable the lights, it's totally fucked. I've baked other textures before and have never encountered this pls

Anonymous No. 893157

> im retarded please help

Not a blender fag but obviously there seems to be no unwrap before texture baking. Also check your normals it seems that the geometry is catching the light on the wrong side of the faces.

Anonymous No. 893158

>>893157
Thanks man, wasn't sure this would get a reply.
Explain the first bit, I'm definitely a newfag. I did unwrap a few surfaces to edit the UVs but I thought that was it

As for the normals, that's just select the object>edit mode>select all>normals>recalculate inside, right?

Anonymous No. 893159

>>893158
Yas. I'm not familiar with the Blender workflow but in general terms the unwrap should aim for a map that does not have overlapping faces. Also nake shure that the mapping solution you get from the unwrap is also applied to the texture after baking or else the object will map a convoluted texture with non unwrapped coordintates. Also not familiar with normals in blender but yes those nigga polys make me think those are not facing the light.

Anonymous No. 893160

>>893159
Maybe this will help?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-FmaDwlNBTU&ved=2ahUKEwiA6ND6_ab3AhXTVTABHScoDqoQFnoECAsQBA&usg=AOvVaw0weWmCSlPGK6Oit3tULlBS

Anonymous No. 893161

>>893159
>>893160
THANK YOU. I'll try just doing what anon 1 said and then if that doesn't work I'll check the video anon 2 posted. Didn't know what I needed to search for to get this solution, so thanks a ton

Anonymous No. 893164

Same anon 1 and 2. Yep dude cheers. Same as programming you can learn 3d no prob but you should learn the correct terms. That techbice can be called: lightbaking, lightmapping, baking, etc etc. Another advice try to make a proof of concept with just a box troubleshooting always works by simplifying the problem.

Anonymous No. 893165

Also next time try to use the /sqtddot/ thread.

Anonymous No. 893282

Unwrapped
Recalculated inside
Still doing the same fucking shit

Anonymous No. 893299

>>893282
No way man. Have you tried to bake a simpler geometry? Maybe there is something you are missing,