1500x1500

monose.jpg

๐Ÿงต Print shit

Anonymous No. 894605

Alright 3dc, I just mixed some particularly strong resin (esun Hard Tough mixed with an amount of siraya tech blu and a bit of f69 black flexible added which really came out well in terms of finish too) to replace one of those plastic base parts of a metal deck chair, now I'm brainstorming what to make with the rest of it.
Any ideas?
(3d gun threads go on /k)
I've read through a few of those "useful stl" bullshit things and havent seen anything that's caught my eye. Does anyone have any idea what else I should print with this stuff?
>inb4 some sort of figurine

700x400

Lost-Wax-Casting-....jpg

Anonymous No. 894613

>>894605
op have you looked into lost material casting? you have a resin printer so you can print things in much higher detail than extruder printers. You can make molds out of what you print and then use that to cast out of different materials. the coolest thing to do would be to print things and then go through the process of lost wax casting them into metal, you can either print directly with wax resin in your case or print something, make a mold, and then use that to make wax pieces for casting. you can make some decent cash selling metal pieces over resin/plastic stuff

Anonymous No. 894950

>>894613
I'm not the op, but I just started getting into lost wax casting. I made a very lumpy ring from aluminum for our practice mold and it came out looking the way it went in. I just invested a sculpture I made by hand, but I'm definitely interested in printing molds for wax to invest. Or even if there is a material you can print and then cleanly burn out of the plaster to use instead of wax.

3264x1836

20220307_171942.jpg

Anonymous No. 894951

>>894950

Anonymous No. 894974

>>894950
there are wax print materials for both extruder and resin printers! I have a roll of wax filament in my basement I have been procrastinating on using since I need to work on my printer to get it to stop z banding. 1.3 inches up and I get a lump, seems to just be friction on the worm screw.
but yeah you can get literal wax filament, or you can even just say fuck it and use acetone to melt pla prints from a plaster mold

Anonymous No. 894979

>>894951
Kek

Anonymous No. 894988

>>894979
Yeah I wish I had spent more than 2 seconds in it. I kinda got the idea to do it after we mixed the plaster so it was an "oh shit" moment. However, you can see very clearly the lumps and textures of the wax. The plaster captured fine details very well. There's a tiny mold break on it which stands out because it's smoother than the rest of the casting.
>>894974
I'll definitely have to look into it. I learned most slivers have a "mold mode" and that printing molds for melted wax would be more rapidly productive.