1280x720

1.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 894793

I am trying to make a 2D style animation like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvXXGkJtx0 Since I am experienced in photoshop my first idea was to just do it all in PS or Davinci Resolve, but then I discovered a whole new world of 3D software. Would something like Blender or UE be a better (faster, easier) choice for this or should I stick to video editing software? I was thinking it would be easier to have a 3D model to rig into key frames and just apply filters after.

Anonymous No. 897581

>>894793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WplrwsW0UzE
Second Son was a massiv let down in the series story wise.
I am actively hating the faggots at Sucker Punch for that.

Anonymous No. 898481

>>897581
Yeah I've seen that. I am wondering though if using 3D models, making them into 2D pictures in required poses, and then 3D all the layers again would be faster.

Anonymous No. 899481

>>894793
>Would something like Blender or UE be a better (faster, easier) choice for this or should I stick to video editing software? I was thinking it would be easier to have a 3D model to rig into key frames and just apply filters after.

This is the eternal question everyone has.

Ask yourself this, why is it that in all the decades that people tried to recreate in 3D the drawn 2D look only 2 studios managed to pull it off?
Also ask yourself why a studio like Pixar (worth 15 billion $) isn't one of them.

128x128

1624400999878.png

Anonymous No. 900106

>>899481
>only 2 studios managed to pull it off
who is the second one

Anonymous No. 900201

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/realtoon-an-anime-toon-shader-65518

Without programming Realtoon. Unity shader don't know if unreal has an equivalent.

Anonymous No. 900222

>>894793
yes, i think it would help.
There are a couple of instances where they used 3D camera projection...The cars and the back alley for example made use of it to create a 3d effect.
All in all this is an example of traditional 2D animation in a 3D space with 3D camera movement and it is the easiest way to incorporate 3D into a 2D style animation.
With the exception of the cars, I don't think they actually used "real" 3D models here, just enough rough 3D shapes to get a parallax effect here and there.
Learn camera projection and arrange your 2D elements in 3D space and you can animate the 3D camera to get this nice depth effect going, shouldn't be too difficult to grasp these concepts and use them.

Anonymous No. 900364

>>900106
studio orange

Anonymous No. 900452

>>900364
meh, they're missing the purposefully integrated mistakes xrd and strive have. wouldn't say they pulled it off desu, it looked very stiff

Anonymous No. 900586

>>900106
Fortiche

Arcane has genuinely the best animation ever made by man. Every single frame was painstakingly crafted. The show would have been way cheaper and easier to make if they went full 2D.

Thinking that using 3D to make a 2D style animation is "faster, easier" is completely the wrong mindset. You use 3D to make your faux 2D animation stand out from the rest, but that's at a cost of time and resources.

Anonymous No. 900595

>>894793
You can't draw. What makes you think you can model and pose?

Anonymous No. 900613

>>900595
>You can't draw.
But I can draw and I have experience with photoshop too. I don't think I can model, I've never done it. As for poses, I've seen the rigging in UE5 and making out basic poses frozen in time for photoedits doesn't look complicated.

2552x1440

Some DOs and DONT....jpg

Anonymous No. 900657

>>900586
>>best animation ever
but who was the bad guys?