1920x1010

monitor samsung.png

๐Ÿงต Substance Painter

Anonymous No. 894914

The object has two different UV sets, but how does Substance know which one to associate to the materials? Substance allows me to pain on texture sets, and this is unambiguous when a mesh has only a single UV set, but what if it has multiple?

I really should just switch to the UDIM workflow instead of messing with this, but I am curious enough to ask.

1920x1015

monitor samsung t....png

Anonymous No. 895455

>>894914
I managed to do this, but it turns out that Substance does not have an option to merge the material sets into single file for each UDIM before export. I can't believe I fell for a similar problem just like when I was working on the desk. Substance just insists on exporting 2-3 different files for each part of the monitor despite them being in separated in UV space.

In the future I am going to have to take care not to export the material assignments before starting texturing. Rather than redo the texturing work on this, I'll have to merge the 7 for base color and roughness. Is there a good way of doing this automatically?

Anonymous No. 895464

>>894914
You don't need multiple UV sets for this. Apply a single material slot to the monitor and bring it into Substance. Mask different parts of the model to apply different materials. Please go through some tutorials, there is an absolute ton of them available on just YouTube alone.

Anonymous No. 895486

>>895464
> Apply a single material slot to the monitor and bring it into Substance.
That is what I did. Thankfully I won't need to touch it again, so I can excuse this bit of hackiness.

Quick question, do the render engines optimize the storage of textures by compressing them or will the 4k textures I am using always take up 100% of their stated resolution in memory?

Anonymous No. 895654

>>894914
What is vertex color and how to use it?

Anonymous No. 895658

>>895654
Hmmm, can Substance Painter actually output textures in such a format? It would need a huge amount of geometry to match the 4k textures I am using. It would break most renderers.