2000x1500

woman-swimming-in....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 897375

How would you make camera transition while submerging under water in realtime game engine?

Anonymous No. 897377

>>897375
Most games never bother with it and have the camera either be above or bellow , only able to go so close to the surface
before getting stuck in the up-down direction and do a slight teleport underneath once player dives.

GTAV is a game I know off the top of my head does it this way.

I've only seen camera transitions like your pic related in unreal/unity demos. They seem to be using post effect filters on the camera
that draws a blurry line along the geometric intersect of the water surface and renders dense fog on the other side for the underwater look.

Anonymous No. 897410

>>897375
screen fx

Anonymous No. 897793

>>897375
Would anybody care or notice?

Anonymous No. 897843

yeah have you underwater camera weith the underwater effects, and you above camera both bound together. The underwater camera is masked. As the cameras pass under the water the mask lifts up revealing your underwater camera's view and masking the above water view. Add a graphic at the line of transition to make it look nicer

Anonymous No. 897850

>>897843
Not Op, but that makes sense. You happen to know what kind of function they use to feed the shader information about the geometric intersect with the view-frustum and the surface of the water?

Anonymous No. 897854

>>897850
I would just offset a screen space mask on the cameras based on their procimity to the top of the water, and have some water tension type graphic move along with the seam. I wouldn't try and communicate with shaders at all. I know that's what the cool kids do but I don't want to be cool.

Anonymous No. 897868

>>897375
Dying light 1 and 2 do it.