225x225

download.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 897536

Years ago I used to fiddle in 3ds max and I'd like to pick up this hobby again. I kinda remember its work logic and interface quirks, so it'd be easy to pick things up where I left them off.
However, the times have changed and now supposedly Maya/Blender are the new powerhouses.
I want to make some cool scenes and object, pretty much as a hobby, if someone would ever way to pay for my creations, cool, a minor sidle hustle, but I'm not even dreaming about a regular job in this industry, I'm pushing almost 30 lmao.

My question is -- is it still reasonable to invest one's limited time into 3dsmax?

Anonymous No. 897540

max is fine. go away and learn things

Anonymous No. 897566

3ds max if you're in Europe
Maya if you're in USA

362x498

dancingbaby.gif

Anonymous No. 897593

>>897536
I think 3DS Max has the best user interface for the amount of features that it has and I find it very easy to use. This is coming from someone that learned Maya first!

Only Cinema 4D is easier to use, but has less features.

Anonymous No. 898013

>>897536
3ds max is still leading industry in many places so it's never a bad idea to use it. Using it for hobby projects is a bit of overkill, especially when it comes to pricing. Many people switched to blender for that purpose, but I like MODO for cheap indie licence and intuitive hard surface modelling workflow, especially with add-ons like Nifty kit.

Anonymous No. 898019

3DS Max is cool, we use it in school and apparently lots of companies still use it. They have a indie licence if you want to pay, or just use CGpeers