1782x986

1.png

๐Ÿงต Modular Environments Question

Anonymous No. 897582

https://youtu.be/dJnAuVtwxPI
I am watching this video on "modular environments." In the video, he uses z-brush to sculpt lines into his wood plank trimsheet
Then, in the picture attached, he is now in Substance Painter. He said he "baked the high-poly" into a texture to get that flat image of his high-poly textures.

What is the best way to "bake" the highpoly texture?
Can I do this strictly in Blender? I am planning to model high-poly wooden planks with Blender's Sculpting tools. How would I "bake" that? Just render a bird eye view of the planks and use it as a .PNG? Is there a more "exact" way to do it? Instead of all the variability with rendering and lighting and stuff.

Anonymous No. 898017

Question asked so many times before, but I'll repeat again, have 2 versions of model, one lower poly without details, one higher with them. Load low poly in substance, in map generator add high poly as source and press bake.
If you're using substance painter, easier option would be to create ID mask of trims in any 2d software, load a subdivided plane in substance and use the build in materials or draw your own using the height and normal channel.