755x372

retopologizedbool....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 897954

Why are all the reviews gay for this guy? He doesn't even clean up his boolean'd hard surface mesh and then deforms the hell out of it. For example, he has you make cybernetic eye cord made up of arrayed cylinders with substracted edges at an angle using the indent 2 trapezoid from the IMM boolean brush with radial symmetry and just bends and twists the thing causing the faces to crumple.

I went to autistic extremes, and there's absolutely no tutorial and no amount of experimentation with doing this in a way where you can zremesh it without the mesh breaking apart at the top of the cylinder (the sides are the only part that worked out.) And I really don't wan't to discard something so intuitive as booleans from my workflow because of instructors like or even the stubborn non-manifold geometry that can result from it.

Anonymous No. 897963

>full fail
there's your problem

Anonymous No. 897966

>>897954
>full sail university
LMAO

723x1330

king.png

Anonymous No. 897969

>yeah I graduated from Full Sail that pretty makes me kind of a big deal in all things modeling, texturing, and animation
If this guy and his awful topology can make it through a decade of freelancing and best seller highly ranked udemy instructor then so can you.

Anonymous No. 897973

he's probably shit, but op sounds suspiciously like the guy who's been on the board for the last couple of weeks complaining about topology but struggled to model a windows without doing booleans

Anonymous No. 898152

>>897973
I've trained myself to not rely on booleans, so I don't end up like whoever you're refering to. Topology exercises are a fun time. Also what kind of window is someone making that they're using booleans and not the core tools with dozens of youtube videos showing how to make windows.

Anonymous No. 898188

>>897954
Well he looks cute

Anonymous No. 898308

>>897954
>>bots
you know

Anonymous No. 898326

>>898152
> I've trained myself to not rely on booleans, so I don't end up like whoever you're refering to.
I am that window guy. It is less about not being to model the window a regular way and more about figuring out which modeling method is the best now that I know a few of them given what I want to do. And given what I want to do, spending time thinking about topology would be a huge mistake. There is no benefit in my models having clean topology given that I can get clean shading in other ways.