1410x781

image_2022-05-19_....png

๐Ÿงต I have a problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it

Anonymous No. 898284

Hello, I am a shitposter/streamer of Hellgate London, specifically the 2038 fan run server. I've been trying to find a way to put the models into some kind of viewer beyond the game itself, as right now the server has been running since 2015 and the dev team haven't either bothered or could not pull the models out and edit them at all. This means that all the game has is models from 2006, if not earlier.

I've spoken with two of the former devs, Bill Roper (who had no idea about file formats) and Phil Shenk who was the art director of the project. Both of whom either don't know or haven't found anything on the weird ass format. Now the screen shot I have is of our current files but run through Hammer and for the life of me, I can't get that fucker to run. I'm desperate because the dev team is burnt out, and when in the past modelers were offering they either turned it down due to monetary concerns, or a distrust of the people offering.

I work as a tester and I'm starting to consider quitting because I am tired of being told no about anything. If I can pull the files into either Hammer or Blender I could actually add new things to the game without the requirement of shitloads of coding which I suck at. Models appear to be in .xml, .am, and .hkx formats but everything I've tried so far gets me a dead end. So I'm asking if anyone can help. Thank you.