799x555

file.png

๐Ÿงต Selling your models online

Anonymous No. 899239

I have a quite a few old models I've made sitting on my hard drive of basic household shit that people probably often look to buy models for, and figure I could probably list them on a 3d model site like turbosquid, CGtrader, sketchfab, etc.
1. What site is the best for this?(if not multiple)
2. How should I price them compared to other listings of similar models?
3. What are best practices for uploading models to these sites?(What formats, how to package textures, optimizing models for other uses, modularity, etc.)
4. What kind of models sell well?

Anonymous No. 899241

>>899239
Looks like a waste of space. Couldn't pay me to download that

Anonymous No. 899245

>>899239
Oh, and what about stock images? Is that something worth doing as well?

Anonymous No. 899246

fuck off cris

Anonymous No. 899253

>What kind of models sell well?
Poorly imitated trademarked anime model fan art that that the artists are selling the commercial license to

Anonymous No. 899277

>>899239
If you don't mind being a degenerate, lewd VR models sell like hot cakes. Otherwise it's either archviz or product visualization related.

Anonymous No. 899471

What about models based on something IRL with a logo on it?
Is photoshoping "adidas" to "abibas" enough?
Or does no one cares about that?

Anonymous No. 901460

>>899239
Nice UV distortion faggot, you'd have to pay me to use that shit

Anonymous No. 901462

OP remember if /3/ hates it. It will sell.

>>901460
Which can be fixed in a second and it doesn't even need to because it's barely noticeable in some small who cares background asset that can be obscured by lighting and placement.
You and this guy aren't the market >>899241
for anything except online supplements anyway.

Anonymous No. 901465

>>901462
Yeah bro that fucked up bottom is barely noticeable, maybe for a hobbyist like you

Anonymous No. 901467

>>901465
Industrycucks stay mad. Go learn how to program or somehting and do 3d on the side. You're underpaid and underappreciated, not that you do anything appreciable.

Anonymous No. 901469

>>901467
>No argument

Anonymous No. 901482

>>899239
that's not even a model bro, literally 5min of work. Who would pay for that

Anonymous No. 901483

>>901465
You're the hobbyist chimping out over the bottom of a jar of expired greens because you've only ever UV mapped in blender and every model is a hero asset to you. Wow you absolute master pro making a mountain out of an easily fixable mole hill. Nobody who's made these basic rock or log tier assets a million time over for an environment cares. It will be less noticeable once rendered in a game engine than the tiny pbr details on pre-rendered game models. It's going to be chucked into some organic flesh mount in a dark room with low res textures that the camera will never focus in on. All OP need to is label it e-girl fecal food poisoning someone will buy it over the other boring premium jars
>bro
low iq zoomer nigger detected

Anonymous No. 901493

>>901482
Here's your second page model of all top sellers bro

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/sculptures/charizard-fat-version

It's not too far away from $19 copy paste pop cans, textured with one simple material, made by slavs riddling their descriptions with spelling mistakes.

390x340

1632202512848.gif

Anonymous No. 901518

>>901483
You're spewing out all these mental gymnastics copes over the fact that you can't UVmap a basic cylinder model, which tells us a lot about your skills, also
>It's just a background object its not important lol
It is important since you want to sell that shit, how the fuck did you manage to fuck up a CYLINDER, which is the easiest to UV, is beyond me, and yet here you are calling others hobbyists.