1252x1024

Blender_logo_no_t....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 899827

Since Blender upgraded its NURBs tools, is it now just as good as Rhinoceros and Catia for CAD?

Anonymous No. 899839

You didn't get a film job with Blender.
You didn't get a game job with Blender.
You will not get a CAD job with Blender.

Anonymous No. 899875

>>899827
Blender isn't a CAD program. I mean you can do CAD shit with it, but it's as impractical as using something like Maya or Cinema 4D for the same purpose. Just get a dedicated CAD program and work with that instead.

Anonymous No. 899886

>>899875
Explain how Blender is less capable than a dedicated CAD program.

850x500

Rhino-cover.jpg

Anonymous No. 899896

>>899827
>Explain how Blender is less capable than a dedicated CAD program.

MUCH less precise and with looser tolerances (for trims and such).

As far as NURBS modeling programs go, Maya is the best and by far the, just so long as you're NOT using it for manufacturing and just for ARTISTIC purposes instead. Almost the exact same tools as Alias/Studio.

3DS Max's NURBS are utter dog-shit. They are slow (take forever to load) and use up ridiculous amounts of RAM. Don't bother with 3DS Max for NURBS!

Rhino is a very good program for NURBS. This is the easiest one to use for professional/manufacturing purposes, especially if you already know how to use AutoCAD- as it has nearly all the same commands and a similar UI.

Other NURBS/CAID programs are much more difficult to use and you (I'm assuming you're an artist) should avoid them. They are simply too powerful/hardcore for your purposes.

850x500

Rhino-cover.jpg

Anonymous No. 899897

>>899886
>Explain how Blender is less capable than a dedicated CAD program.

MUCH less precise and with looser tolerances (for trims and such).

As far as NURBS modeling programs go, Maya is the best and by far the easiest to use, just so long as you're NOT using it for manufacturing and just for ARTISTIC purposes instead. Almost the exact same tools as Alias/Studio.

3DS Max's NURBS are utter dog-shit. They are slow (take forever to load) and use up ridiculous amounts of RAM. Don't bother with 3DS Max for NURBS!

Rhino is a very good program for NURBS. This is the easiest one to use for professional/manufacturing purposes, especially if you already know how to use AutoCAD- as it has nearly all the same commands and a similar UI.

Other NURBS/CAID programs are much more difficult to use and you (I'm assuming you're an artist) should avoid them. They are simply too powerful/hardcore for your purposes!

Anonymous No. 899898

>>899897
>Other NURBS/CAID programs are much more difficult to use and you (I'm assuming you're an artist) should avoid them. They are simply too powerful/hardcore for your purposes!
why not moi3d?

https://moi3d.com/index.htm

Anonymous No. 899900

>>899897
Where does FreeCAD fit into all of this? Is it the true CAD equivalent of Blender?

Anonymous No. 899938

>>899900
FreeCAD is a buggy / clunky mess.
Its like blender form 10 years ago.
Commercial solutions leave it i the dust.
It is functional, but there are plenty of cheap ad shitty cad programs out there that are also technically functional, but they all suffer form being clunky and slow to work with.
Only good feature is the ope scad iteration.
And that it works o linux.

Anonymous No. 900049

>>899897
>by far the easiest to use
I would say C4D is.

Anonymous No. 900109

>>899827
>Since Blender upgraded its NURBs

...when they did it?

1035x582

0713682f57b17b3a8....png

Anonymous No. 900125

>>900049
>by far the easiest to use
>I would say C4D is

I said that Maya is the easiest software to use... for NURBS.
It's ridiculous how simple to use and powerful the NURBS are in Maya. Other softwares are way more convoluted, counter-intuitive, and slow to model with (with NURBS).

Cinema 4Ds NURBS tools are very lacking and aren't really even NURBS- more like pseudo-NURBS.

>>899898
>why not moi3d?

Well, Moi3D is cheaper than Rhino, but has way less features. See if you can get a demo version of Rhino or see if you can get the educational version.

Anonymous No. 900126

>>900125
* if you're worried about price

Anonymous No. 900234

How fucking delusional are blendlets?

Anonymous No. 900334

>>900234
It's nice to think there is one program that "does it all" even if it's not true.