900x1246

IMG-20200322-WA0005.jpg

🧵 REALISTIC max

Anonymous No. 900064

Hi, my dog is dying very soon according to the vet, livercancer, heart failing, old age, and I want to recreate a realistic as possible copy of her without any discrepancies of how she looks in real life. And maybe with this in the future when programming technology is more advanced (and somewhat dumbed down, made simpler for low IQ plebs like me) I could make her come to life again in the virtual world, with her specific characteristics, behaviour etc. For now I really would like to have a 3D copy of her on my drive.

Does anyone know the best way? I saw the best thing you can do is with photogrammy like his guy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPPB8-BADnF/

I saw some people recreating their own dead dog in EU but it does not look very detailed or realistic. So the best way possible is going to be with photo techniques.
I'm a poorfag though and I do no even know who I would need to reach in my area to someone who has this setup or perhaps some sort of special booth spinny thing that scans something in every single direction.
I also did a DNA test of my dog a while ago but I think they delete a lot of the unnecessary gene information so I doubt (in the future) it will be of any use to recreate my dog.
Any advice or tips to help me on my way?

1794x1600

kapper.jpg

Anonymous No. 900066

It's going to be so incredibly difficult to get the hair right though. Or have the option to scale it. Impossible I think I will need to aim far lower. This shit sucks.

Anonymous No. 900068

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BIg17dG90
this guys seems to do a pretty good job

1919x914

Scn 17.jpg

Anonymous No. 900162

>>900064
>>900066
Unfortunately the best results can only be achieved if you shave the dog and/ or have it perfectly still. Micro variations in the fur will get you incorrect results. Your best bet is to catch your buddy while asleep but that will only get you half of the model.

ALso you can try to film it on video and then extract the individual frames but only if you can film the video on a low loss format with control over the iso and aperture of your camera.

ALso consider 3d scanning services in your area. Many creators could lend you their 3d scanner.

Lower apretures and lower iso are best but that comes to the expense of motion blured or underexposed pics.

Best way is to reproduce it artistically like image related. As for photogrammetry I do have a server in my office that I could lend.

Anonymous No. 900163

>>900162
Also I do know some dog cloning services exists but some of them are prohibitively expensive.

Anonymous No. 900164

>>900162
>>900163

Samefag here if you are interested I could guide you on how to do a test at home. I really recommend a dslr or mirrorless camera. No cellphone will give you good photogrammetry results.

612x612

1638038239308.jpg

Anonymous No. 900167

>>900162
>Micro variations in the fur will get you incorrect results.
just passing by but couldn't this be solved with some kind of spandex suit?

just checked, they exist. pic rel.

the fur would have to be added afterwards.

450x393

1621546964279.png

Anonymous No. 900173

>>900064
>>900066
Just want to say, sorry for your upcoming loss, anon. Sleep tight, puppers.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
the hell 4chan. Holy dick, I can't seem to post for some reason.

Anonymous No. 900184

>>900167
I don't think the poor thing would like it and stay still. I still believe the best time is when it's sleeping. Dog anatomy is not that complicated, also fur give way to crass details.

1024x768

lunapolycam3.webm

Anonymous No. 900232

>>900162
Thank you so much for even offering that but I am a total low IQ pleb, the best camera I have is this LG G4 from 2014, my phone. MAIN CAMERA Single 16 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2.6", 1.12µm, Laser AF, 3-axis OIS
Features LED flash, panorama, HDR Video 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.

>>900164
>No cellphone will give you good photogrammetry results.
it's still a bit decent. But yeah I am trying to find a 3d scanning service in my area (Rotterdam, Netherlands).

>>900184
Or just a thousand pictures from all angles at 1 moment. These photo booths exist, not sure how expensive though. but the item or person, creature inside will be photographed from hundreds of camera's like in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6RoKLOyVQ (at 3:00m)

Here is an attempt with this shitty photogrammetry app called Polycam that only gives you 7 attempts at 3 modeling an object (including failed attempts). and you can only download a mp4 or usdz file unless you buy the PRO subscription. Couldn't stop my dog from moving but I am quite happy with these attempts. Looks better when you zoom in.

Anonymous No. 900256

>>900064
It doesn´t matter how many pics/movies/3d models you have of the
Dog - only way to return
It to life is to preserve the brain.
Otherwise, you will suffer
Terribly whenever thinking about it, so the less memories of the dog the better.

Anonymous No. 900284

>>900162
>>900256
>>900167

I found a company doing 3D scans, they charge 60 euros for a photoset of 110 pictures from all directions and 95 for a raw 3D model. At 3 photosets or 3 raw 3D models she will offer 15% off. Should I do it?

Should I only do the photoset, I only have 300 on my bank. How easy is it to make a 3D model of this photoset of 110 pictures?

Anonymous No. 900287

>>900284

110 Pictures is not the best set but enough to make a basic model. If the rig is right the quality is assured. You wont get a quantic leap from what you have with polycam.

Remember that even with a larger set the result is only a surface mesh that 100% will not get you details like separated limbs, head details or realistic fur and 1000% will not be animatable or usable beyond basic 3d printing or webgl viewing.

If money is an object I can help you with a test with your cellphone camera. You'll fell better giving your doggo her favourite meal or a nice experience before she parts.

GG anon.

Anonymous No. 900296

>>900066
Blender is pretty good for making hair look fairly realistic.

615x593

file.png

Anonymous No. 900302

>>900287
Sorry they make 118 photos to be exact. 120 cameras, Full Spectrum LED lightning. I think I will take the 60 euro option and assemble a 3D model myself with meshroom.

They said it takes 1 second for all the cameras to take a picture though. What if my dog moves within this 1 second? Will they still charge me? I would find out only after the photoset is compiled into a 3D model object and if I take the cheapest option they probably don't worry about it being blurry, so maybe I am forced to buy the raw 3D model option with a chance of it being a failed take? I would have to ask them this again.

>Remember that even with a larger set the result is only a surface mesh that 100% will not get you details like separated limbs, head details or realistic fur and 1000% will not be animatable or usable beyond basic 3d printing or webgl viewing.
Oh I was hoping it would be somewhat flexible... What would be the answer to having a 3D model so when I become better 3D modelling at a decent level in the future I could make her realistic possibly walk around? I'd then need to find a 3D scanning service that RECORDS video from all directions, moves with the object/creature and software that makes a 3D high quality realistic animated model?

I was hoping in the future with stronger computing computers, better AI/ML they could solve this problem perhaps, without having to spend hundreds of hours moddeling my dog till every detail? Or maybe it doesn't take that many hours.

>If money is an object I can help you with a test with your cellphone camera
You mean send you a compressed file with a bunch of photos from different angles to you? There's some free software on the web that can do this though. My laptop is still strong. Sorry I am ESL and low IQ.

Thanks for everything, your response and time.

Anonymous No. 900313

>>900302
>You mean send you a compressed file with a bunch of photos from different angles to you?

Yes. I do have a server so it's no problem for me.

> I was hoping it would be somewhat flexible... What would be the answer to having a 3D model so when I become better 3D modelling at a decent level in the future I could make her realistic possibly walk around? I'd then need to find a 3D scanning service that RECORDS video from all directions, moves with the object/creature and software that makes a 3D high quality realistic animated model?

Poly modelling is your best bet still. Even with the best 3d scanner you need the touch of an animation artist to make the topology work.

>Or maybe it doesn't take that many hours.

No it doesn't compared to cleaning a scan.

Anonymous No. 900517

dogs not dying, we did all sorts of tests and research at a special clinic, the first vet was full of shit. My dog is okay and doesn't need to be euthanized.

Anonymous No. 900519

>>900232
>>900284
>>900302
you wanna do this, you wanna do that but you are unwilling or unable spend money, you have rudimentary skills or no skills at all, you have no good equipment. Sorry but to do things you need money or knowledge and skills and you have neither, we can't help you here. Get a job.

Anonymous No. 900539

Maybe 3dguy can help? He resurrects dead animals all of the time.

350x248

1515438053387.jpg

Anonymous No. 900858

>>900066
I love the fluffy boy, I knew a dog that looked like that and he was such a brat but he would always ask for pets
o7

Anonymous No. 901270

>>900064
I can make a real life representation of your dog in 3D, rigged and animated with fur you can comb and make it fit all your needs, play fetch with and make it come to life in 3D.

If you pay me good money to do so.

Anonymous No. 901362

>>900064
if you don't have the skill take a lot of photos and videos for reference and memory. spend a lot of time with her. stay strong
also check this out https://www.youtube.com/shorts/c9nFDq07siU