2556x1655

facetracker.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 900780

Any alternatives to Facebuilder that doesn't cost a fuck ton of money?
>just git guud
I don't plan on using Blender a whole lot, so perfecting my topology seems redundant.

Anonymous No. 900824

>>900780
>cost a fuck ton of money
Faggot, just pirate it, or get gud.
/thread

Anonymous No. 900825

Also $150 โ‰  fuck ton of money.
Brokeass nigger

Anonymous No. 903392

>>900824
There isn't an unlocked version of it, the trial version is the complete code that ages out after 15 days.

Anonymous No. 903394

>>903392
demod it, and it stinks.

You have to learn anatomy

You have to learn anatomy

Anonymous No. 903400

>>903394
>demod
?

Anonymous No. 903404

>>900825
>Also $150 โ‰  fuck ton of money
If it were a permanent license I'd be inclined to agree, but it's an annual subscription after which the plugin stops working.
With that kind of expense (and machine locked) it's harder to justify as a tool esp. with the usual "proprietary head mesh" noise. If it let me import a head mesh with a wizard for assigning the landmarks it relies on then did the same shit I'd be a lot more impressed โ€“ but I'd still prefer a lifetime license option.

Anonymous No. 903416

>>900780
the core algorithm is trivial, just DIY. gotta respect the balls on this guy for charging $150

Anonymous No. 903556

>>903416
>the core algorithm is trivial
I unpacked the part it downloads (that isn't GPL) which includes the geometries for the head in FBX form.
It's oddly divided into two versions at 3 resolutions each (with/without lower neck) and each head has its own landmarks CSV file defining 29 polys in the mesh (nose tip, nose bridge, upper lip top, lower lip bottom, mouth corners, eye corners/lidlines, ear top/bottom, cheekbones, chin, eyebrow inside/outside) with some other data I haven't figured out (3 floating point numbers and a decimal) plus the same landmark row can be duplicated multiple times with only the decimal value changing.
Assuming I made a similar CSV file for a Genesis head mesh, I'd still be interested to know how "trivial" it would be to code this kind of application in Python.

Anonymous No. 903571

>>903556
it looks like a straightforward implementation of laplacian mesh deformation with user defined anchor points.
not sure what the purpose of the prescribed landmarks is, the choice of anchors can be arbitrary.

the first three chapters here go over the method: https://www.ctralie.com/Teaching/LapMesh/
the eurographics paper linked in it is also a good read for details.

the problem is very large but sparse (see figure 3 in the paper) so scipy is the library for the job.

Anonymous No. 904633

>>903571
https://github.com/unclearness/point2d_projection_mesh
Is this the right track?