926x1160

Sin título4.png

🧵 Study 3d = Homeless?

Anonymous No. 901406

Hello, I really wanted to ask you what you think about the demand and salaries currently in the 3d industry, everyone in practically any profession says that their career is oversaturated as well as anyone in the 3d industry, as far as I know, really saturated jobs maybe would be Web Development, Data Entry or Digital Marketing, do you really consider that the 3d industry is as saturated as the ones mentioned above?

Anonymous No. 901409

>>901406
Most def. This is something a lot of people are interested in and the ones who make it are dedicated enough to do it to the detriment of all other areas of their life.

If you want a life outside of your work anytime soon this field isn't for you.

Anonymous No. 901736

>>901409
In IT you also need to learn new things in your free time if you want to succeed. 3d isn’t worse than other industries, unless you maybe work in some giant vfx companies where you are treated like a slave, but that’s your fault.

Also you can unironically learn a lot of things from other fields while doing 3d because you often have to study references. It can lead you through quite a journey, which is fun.

Anonymous No. 902315

>>901406
go into HR
zero talent needed

Anonymous No. 904093

>>901409
I'm a character modeller, started as a generalist in the industry and the part where "detriment of all other areas of their life" is pretty bullshit. I work 8 hours a day, go to gym 3 times a week, have a relationship, hang around with family and friends from time to time. The craft is tough but the key is to do it a little by little and make progressively make it difficult for yourself overtime to challenge yourself and get better. Be smart about how you do this, ive seen a lot of young cg peeps completely kill their life with a retarded mindset like that.

Anonymous No. 904268

>>901406
Whatever you do, train writing first.

368x349

big t.gif

Anonymous No. 904273

The books are closed.

Anonymous No. 904305

if you are really good at 3d then you will always fine work. its not over saturated at the top.

Anonymous No. 904392

>>901406
You definitely need some cash, but it's doable. Took me about a year and a half of 8+ hour/day grind before recruiters started to knock on my door.

Anonymous No. 904399

>>901406
we've been trying to find technical animator for over a year now, so definitely not oversaturated

480x360

517bac0dd65ac1f9a....jpg

Anonymous No. 904401

Thank you for your comments and opinions, I believed this dead thread.

I have also done more research on this and from my point of view, the optimal options if you are going to enter the 3d industry would be:
1) Enter an area where there is strong demand and little competing talent as a UX.
2) Have connections that facilitate entry into the industry.
3) Be very good at the sector in which you specialize.
4) Last but capable and the best? Find a niche, maybe sculptures for Warhammer to give an example.

I clarify, they are the "optimal" situations not mandatory for success and are according to my opinion.

Although I have also seen that the standard is not so high, the number of people who are not very dedicated, who stagnate, who simply do not bother to learn, etc. are the vast majority, I have even seen a lot of "experts" with "8 years of experience" and it is a terrible thing what they have as a portfolio, then maybe the 5) is to have a little luck?

>>904268
Sorry sweet prince, I have to improve my English, it is not my native language,

Finally, sorry if TL;DR u.u

480x360

517bac0dd65ac1f9a....jpg

Anonymous No. 904402

Thank you for your comments and opinions, I believed this dead thread.

I have also done more research on this and from my point of view, the optimal options if you are going to enter the 3d industry would be:
1) Enter an area where there is strong demand and little competing talent as a UX.
2) Have connections that facilitate entry into the industry.
3) Be very good at the sector in which you specialize.
4) Last but capable and the best? Find a niche, maybe sculptures for Warhammer to give an example.

I clarify, they are the "optimal" situations not mandatory for success and are according to my opinion.

Although I have also seen that the standard is not so high, the number of people who are not very dedicated, who stagnate, who simply do not bother to learn, etc. are the vast majority, I have even seen a lot of "experts" with "8 years of experience" and it is a terrible thing what they have as a portfolio, then maybe the 5) is to have a little luck?

What do you think about it?

>>904268
Sorry sweet prince, I have to improve my English, it is not my native language.

Finally, sorry if TL;DR u.u

Anonymous No. 904786

In general, if you are a halfway decent sculptor, you'll find work.

That being said, 3D modellers generally don't get paid as much as coders, riggers, animators etc.

But you can get a job fairly quick, then learn (or get better) at the other skills like materials, rigging, animation, etc so later on you can get a better paying gig.

Anonymous No. 904787

>>904402
>maybe sculptures for Warhammer to give an example

Sculpting miniatures is a totally different skill than sculpting for video games and is just as hard to master as making models for games.