1076x1080

8f9.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 901740

CG trends you hate thread. I'll start:
>"Reduced animation" or "GG Style" because you played guilty gear once and cope that you can't spline for shit, or just don't bother to.
I'm not saying the style itself sucks, GG is one of the examples of it actually done right most of the time, but then you have a ton of stuff just being mediocre blockouts that call it "style", when it could've looked a million times better splined.

Anonymous No. 901766

>>901740
Take yours meds, cris (and not cocaine you columbian fuck)

Anonymous No. 901770

>>901766
Anon, cris probably doesn't even know what a spline is in animation.

Anonymous No. 901777

>>901740
i hate it honestly, it was novel at the time but every show started doing it. 2d isn't that choppy

Anonymous No. 901783

There's no real difference between spline animation and janky 8-12 fps animation. The reason for the low fps is because of resources so it's not a stylistic choice.

GG went with a low fps count because they wanted to hide the 3D and trick the viewer as much as possible. There are also some resource issues which force them to go with the low frame rate. This has to do with the special effects like smoke, fire, etc. All of those were hand-sculpted frame by frame.

Arcane for example went the 30 fps route and it looks amazing however they managed their special FX problem with the use of hand-drawn 2D png's. The FX look out of place but they actually work very well with the overall aesthetic. This however would not work in a game.

2278x2818

slz0x9bsnud81.jpg

Anonymous No. 903725

>>901783
Even GG seems to be losing that style. Strive feels way too detailed and shaded for the 2D aesthetic they went with xrd.