372x372

domains.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 902319

Which of these three domains matter the most when searching for a job?
>obviously all three matter but which one carries the most weight

Anonymous No. 902348

>>902319
Its the people you know not what you know

776x838

blastoisehosingpr....png

Anonymous No. 902350

>cog in a 3d pipeline
>creativity

Anonymous No. 902361

I’d say knowledge, with a bit of creativity. People who think connections matter so much are NGMIs.

Anonymous No. 902492

>>902319
The bottom one. You'll be told what to make and how to make it anyway.

Anonymous No. 902616

>>902348
Lol this can only come from some fresh out of uni neet.
Nobody will risk their fucking reputation recommending you for a job if you dont actually have the experience to not embarrass yourself and whoever recommended you.
Knowledge is always prio number one. The other two are arguable as many jobs require zero creativity, you just do what youre told and thats it.
A kickass demoreel can also land you a job with zero networking in the industry, so theres that.

Anonymous No. 902620

>>902348
I'm not going to recommend you nigga. You are a shitty worker at best.

Anonymous No. 902627

Assuming you have the bare minimum knowledge, it's networking that will help you the most to get a job.
Of course, as I said, this is assuming you have the minimum required knowledge.
If you don't have the minimum knowledge, no one will give you a job.
But if you have the minimum knowledge and great networking, you'll have much higher chances of landing a good job than someone who has great knowledge but mediocre networking.

700x467

dsc_0204.jpg

Anonymous No. 902628

>>902319
Just be a coomer and make the patreon bux

Anonymous No. 902643

Interesting to see differing opinions, we’re all probably biased because of the way we got into the industry. I’m saying only knowledge and creativity matters because I was a literal who with 0 real life connections in the industry yet I was still approached multiple times by western studios. Actually I still have 0 real life connections (which is pretty sad t b h, but that’s because I’m working remotely) and I still get job offers based on my portfolio. I think connections with base knowledge won’t be enough for better studios, maybe only for local indies with low standards. It isn’t that easy to make one a great artist, which explains why you pretty much need to possess senior art quality even as a junior if you want to get into good studios.

1920x2426

1920px-Vincent_va....jpg

Anonymous No. 902674

>>902643
>great artist = blizzard wagie
>people who got into studios with generic space marine WIP are great artists

Anonymous No. 902679

>>902674
I mean great at what they're doing, but I somewhat agree, I even accepted myself as more of a craftsmen than an artist. We're all worthless peasants compared to the guy you posted.

Anonymous No. 903209

>>902643
How'd you do it? What was your journey in 3D?
>>902679
Interesting you should say that, because Gogh got by through sheer hard work and determination. He didn't have as much natural artistic talent as he probably would've wanted, but damn did he try his best.

Anonymous No. 903210

>>902319
>Networking
makes me cringe when not TCP/IP related.
Can only think of fags and hags gossiping on the office floor.
t. certified autist.

Anonymous No. 903216

>>903209
Just learned environment art by myself with online tutorials, joined a discord channel and posted wips of my first project to get some feedback, posted it on artstation, got boosted a bit with likes by that discord community (not literally boosted, I mean they just liked my work when I finally published it), got to top of trending, got approached by 80lv and wrote an article for them. Then stopped posting for a year or two because of lack of time. That was the only thing I had in my portfolio for a few years and I got approached by some random studios during that period. Then got approached by a good studio I knew of before, literally from nowhere - in the year I barely even touched 3D, I almost quit the hobby completely. I almost was scared to accept it because I thought my skills were rusty, but I did it anyway and quickly grinded prop art to get back into it. That’s it, I got more offers in the meantime, I work for a couple of studios like that remotely as a freelancer, it is as flexible as much as you can imagine. I think if you’re good and get some of that exposure on the internet, people will reach you eventually.