1920x3240

3d suggestion 3.jpg

๐Ÿงต bros i need suggestions on the light here

Anonymous No. 902895

which one is better? should i tone it down, move it, etc.? Don't consider the materials aside from the roof one and everything else, this is all just a big WIP. The second one is made using an IES, it's my first time trying it so idk but I think it looks better. What do you think?

Anonymous No. 902897

First looks the best imo

Anonymous No. 902909

>>902895
The thing anon is that materials DO have an incidence in lighting. You'll never achieve soft diffuse lighting with such glossy materials. Also material tint does not only affect lighting temperature but also lighting level. For example a white light reflected on a yellow surface will only reflect warm ligthtwaves and absorb the rest. This is true on almost every modern unbiased rendercengine or solver and part true on every biased render engine. So as an archviz artis I cannot comment honestly on the lighting without commenting on the materials sorry.

Now as an architect that has worked at an interior design firm this is what we call in the industry a "one material hell". The reason is because dark materials or color heavy materials cannot be used in flooring or ceiling unless you want to achieve a tunneled look. Pharmacies use neutral white stands, flooring and furniture because you need the client to distinguish the labels between a lot of similarly packed products. Trust me I've designed one. If this is not a real project and you want to achieve a more sinistet look the n I suggest single point lighting instead of lighting panels.

Anonymous No. 902910

>>902895
Also anon. IES profiles in the large majority of render engines do not scale to fit the surface of the light. For example If you put an irs profile of a lightbulb on a 4 foot by 1 foot panel the ies profile will overrid its sixe and just take project kifht as if it was a 3 inch bulb. I think that is what is happening on your walls with the panels being that close and kot lighting them. Also as my previous post that floor shader I can guarantee is not reflecting light diffusively.

Anonymous No. 902939

>>902895
make the roughness of the spec higher.

Anonymous No. 902976

>>902909
Yes, yes, I can confirm. But honestly I was trying to work on the items on the shelfs first and then on the materials. You're right, but yeah

Anonymous No. 902977

>>902939
By what material?

Anonymous No. 902978

oh yeah, also ehh, i've got to point out that it's not a farmacy. It's for a personal project lmao

Anonymous No. 903197

>>902895
Remodel the shelf in a way it is built in real life. Proportions are strange and it looks like it has been carved from a single piece of wood, there are no gaps between wooden building parts anywhere. The wood pattern is too large, has a bit too heavy height / normal info and is too shiny without roughness variations.

Anonymous No. 903313

>>902895
the shelf should be ash colored wood.

Anonymous No. 903320

>>902895
first makes more sense but second looks best

Anonymous No. 904047

>>902895
All of the wood is too glossy. Add roughness or lower specularity.