1280x720

SH2Bathroom.png

๐Ÿงต How do you make dilapidated, abandoned environments?

Anonymous No. 905789

pic related.

Anonymous No. 905913

well you definitely need to use some kind of software like blender, 3ds max etc.
Let me know if you need more help

Anonymous No. 905916

>>905789
>model a room
>slap dirty looking textures on it

Yer done.

Anonymous No. 905918

>>905916
naaht a praablem

1703x915

gfgdfdg.png

Anonymous No. 906403

>>905789
Currently working on this too, it's not a difficult style, but I'm really struggling with ground clutter (like in example), getting that organic chaos is really difficult, all the while making it actually fit into the rest of the environment

If anyone has any tips, I'd welcome them

Anonymous No. 906413

You need references. And if you can't operate a search engine, you should give up now.

Anonymous No. 906426

>>905789
Didn't Quixel recreate this in a video with megascans.

Anonymous No. 906565

>>905789
as far as texturing in gimp\PS
overlay is good for scorched metal but gives burn effect
multiply is more linear but doesn't add highlight, only flat shadows

you can resamble dirt from online pics & processing them via high-pass filter to unify light intensity across the pic then adjust level to accenuate\accent

Anonymous No. 906698

>>906403
The thing I always try to keep in mind is "how did it get there?"
If you have pipes on the ceiling, there can be rust/leakage stains along the walls, and dripped pools on the floor
Dirt or dust will stick to liquid. Paper or trash in the liquid will get discolored.
Dried up places will be lighter colored
Dirt can get blown in from a door/window or tracked in by people or equipment
Maybe a homeless lived there and made a nest out of old papers and then left.
Look up pictures of mold formations
People sometimes leave trash in odd locations. By me someone is always leaving plastic bottles filled with what I assume is piss perched on concrete ledges up high.
Maybe a repairman left a bucket to catch drips and people tossed garbage into it.

Anonymous No. 906706

>>906403
>>906698
Just to add on to what I said, let's examine the pic you posted.
> loose hanging cables
> pipes with valves on either side of the door, would be a good spot for fluids
> conduits or hoses on the ground, probably left behind by repairman or a scavenger
> Bag of trash next to the stairs. maybe someone lives up there and doesn't want to walk to the street.
> Leaves near the stairs, probably blown in from outside.
> Bits of paper, plastic junk clogging up the drain grate. Carried in by runoff and strained out.
> Bits of masonry mixed into above, the brick walls are crumbling and old
> looks like a spare grate on the left side, again repairman or scavenger

The environment is doing some work as well, the volumetric effect gives a huge boost with the appearance of dust, vapor, or smog filling the area.

The type of people who would spend time in this place are probably hiding, using it for shelter, or utility repairmen. Think of things they'd leave behind, like lunch wrappers or something.
It's also good to consider what the place is used for. Industrial or residential area? How difficult is it to gain entry? If you need to generate larger areas like this, consider that sometimes utility tunnels are separated by contents. Water pipes in one tunnel, electrical in another, so on.