Anonymous No. 907968

>>907946
stop making threads when you could be modelling instead
watch timelapse modelling vids if u wanna see if they do anything new

Anonymous No. 908059

>>907946
Start with the basics
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3GeP3YLZn5ixsnIOIx9tB4v6s-rsw48X
I've been using CG Cookie to learn and can vouch that their courses are good, including their paid stuff. If you're not up for that, still learn the basics, and then go make a donut and follow other free tutorials for easy models.
Getting good takes, practice and commitment, but don't give up. Good luck, anon.

Anonymous No. 908062

>>907946
The first model I ever made was an anime face. Literally followed a youtube video. It was fucking shit but there is a voice telling me to keep going because I like it. Learning is addicting. Then I learned what the blender community is composed of 99% garbage. I know I could do better so I got myself a cgp account and strictly used pirated software if in cade I want to become a 3d artist instead of continuing the stemfag path. Once you know maya, you know zbrush, substance, 3d coat, unreal. After a while you develop an eye for who the good and bad artists are. You will continue to hoard courses but never go through it all because you rather make your own and figure stuff on your own. If you are not that type of person just give up and play gaymen like you've always done.

Anonymous No. 908073

>>908062
>You will continue to hoard courses but never go through it all because you rather make your own and figure stuff on your ow
Yeah that is literally this.
I guess i will watch some timelapses as anon said when i struggle and just search shit up as i go.
Going through those tutorial tracks is not fun.

Anonymous No. 908074

>>907946
1) watch a donut tutorial on Youtube
2) memorize keyboard shortcuts
3) learn modifiers

Anonymous No. 908083

>>907946
>i cant even model a fucking blade
First, you must study the blade.

Anonymous No. 908575

>>908074
This
I "self learned" after watching the donut tutorial, and then the anvil tutorial. He's great and its really intuitive after that. Make sure to watch the new donut tutorial instead of the outdated one

If you want to sculpt characters and shit, check Dannymac3d, he's great for that