Image not available

647x724

1658951728127087.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 912083

Name me reasons why Blender will never be industry standard.

Yes, that's why movies like Next Gen on netflix was made in Blender.

Why learn autodesk?

Blender is becoming!

Image not available

273x184

images (7).jpg

peasants No. 912086

>>912083
mostly because blender doesn't excel at anything at all. the point of software is to complete a task as well as possible. professional artists don't care if they have to split their workflow up into 7 different programs, as long as each independent task (modeling/sculpting, retopo, UV-mapping, texturing, rigging etc) functions at an absolute top level.

if blender was the very best, say, retopology software, it would automatically become industry standard for that specific task - but what blender actually does is that it copies the functionality of superior software with less/worse features, less stability, performance and so on. in general there is absolutely no need for generalist software, but only for the highest quality possible.
the only people that favor generalist software are beginners, as having to learn half a dozen UI's just to create your first game character or whatever is complete overkill - and so as a logical consequence blender is noobie central.

i will get massive backlash for this post, as 80% here are blender beginners, but to sum blender up i would bring up joe kennedy. joe was a rich man in the 1920s and famously predicted the worst stock market crash of all time when the boy that was shining his shoes talked/knew about stocks. he said "it was time to get out when i realized i was in bad company". blender users, pic related is YOUR company.

Image not available

360x360

file.png

Anonymous No. 912088

>>912083
>doesn't handle large scenes well
>cycles is crap (especially for realism), eevee is meh (unreal engine's is better and that's actually proper realtime)
>you have to shell out 100s of dollars worth of plugins to even get close to mimicking the included modelling functionality of 3ds max (and you still can't recreate the modifier stack)
>texture paint tools are garbage. armorpaint got a bit closer but nothing will beat substance painter's included asset library and photoshop similarity
>same with sculpt tools. crap.
>rigging and weight paint tools are meh
>tutorials are 99% indian pajeets blowing down the mic while hard bevelling everything. 1% is decent but are hard to find or very specific
>doesn't encourage real world scale
>very few modifiers. most are useless.
>retarded devs who break something and never fix it
>retarded devs who add features noone cares about

the only good thing about it is geometry nodes but i hate math and most of the good shit made with it is just scattering premade assets across points

Anonymous No. 912098

>>912086
But studios like Ubisoft started pushing Blender as of 2.8

More studios are now using it.

What now?

Anonymous No. 912099

>>912098
all i know of is that collaborative editing addon that they canned within a year.

most of their artists already know 3ds max anyway. why would they force them to switch over? also what other studios?

Anonymous No. 912100

>>912099
Licenses are getting expensive for autodesk, blender is free to use. Alot of small studios are beginning to use blender, snd some big dogs now aswell

Anonymous No. 912102

>>912098
>what now
you didn't react to a single argument i made, even though they are all sound, that's what's now.

big companies pushing it (new to me, never heard of that) would make sense, as blender is almost everyone's first software. it's like being a top motorcycle company and supporting tricycles for children so there will be more potential customers later.
more spread of blender = more eventual artists, even though they won't be using blender anymore when they will have made it, just like adults switched from tricycles to bikes to motorcycles.

Anonymous No. 912103

>>912100
at the moment it's about 2 grand for a annual license. even cheaper if you go for the 5 year. i assume ubisoft has negotiated bulk pricing with autodesk so this could be even cheaper.

so let's say they decide it's too expensive, they'd have to train all of their staff on using blender. they'd also have to re-work their pipeline to fit this new software in. i assume they've got a load of inhouse plugins and tools that would have to be re-written as well. this could stop production for a month atleast. on top of this, blender generally just has worse tools than 3ds max, and will cause slower development.

why bother? they already pay their employees $35k anyway. then they are spending 3-5k on upgrading workstations each year as well. if your putting in 200 million into a project (Assassin's Creed Valhalla), then getting 1 billion out of it, why fix what's broke?

Anonymous No. 912104

>>912103
it all boils down to "never fix a working machine" (or however that saying goes). as i pointed out in the first response to this thread, the only valid reason to take the risks you just highlighted is if blender happened to give you an edge by being capable of things other software is not. it's not the very best/exceptional at anything, so it doesn't make sense to use it. license costs for big studios are practically negligible.

Anonymous No. 912116

>>912102
What about countless AAA artists who say they're usng blender now because they say autodesk is buggy and bloaty?

Anonymous No. 912120

>>912116
probably only exist in your head/dreams.
also you still didn't react to any of the arguments i brought forth in the 2nd post.

in general you're making excuses for mediocre software instead of aiming for the absolute best of everything, so i guess that's where you're strongly gravitating towards: mediocrity.
"dude why can't i just stay with the okayish software i already know" is not the mindset of people that will end up inspiring or impressing anyone with their work.

Anonymous No. 912122

>>912120
>mediocore
Well, chud? How about this?
https://youtu.be/LFW6iq74WpA

Anonymous No. 912125

>>912122
Look at the comments of this one. They are not in our heads. Tons of artists using Blender now.

https://youtu.be/x1SU4Pb0eko

Anonymous No. 912126

>>912122
that's an average modern video game asset that can be created easier, faster and more elegant in superior software, aka nothing particularly interesting.

also you still didn't react to any arguments that i made in the 2nd post, because they hold.

Anonymous No. 912127

>>912122
>anon makes point about the software being mediocre
>you counter by seemingly arguing that a specific asset created with it isn't mediocre
the point was about the software, not literally every asset created with it.
it's equivalent to someone saying "Microsoft Word is utter garbage, it messes up your formatting all the time" and you going "OH YEAH? WELL STEPHEN KING WROTE THIS PARTICULAR SENTENCE WITH IT AND THAT SENTENCE RULES"

Image not available

634x447

1406749665810_wps....jpg

Anonymous No. 912130

>>912125
>Tons of artists using Blender now.
namaste, anons!!!

LOVE FROM INDIA EVERYONE!!!!
SUPERPOWER BY 2020 PUNJAB LIFESTYLE ALL THE WAY BABBY GIRL

Anonymous No. 912134

>>912127
Not mediocore at all. It looks like a high quality asset 90% here cant do anyways.

>>912088
>doesn't handle large scenes
Well, chud?
https://youtu.be/OPWtTw4tFBY
>cycles is crap
Arnold is crappier.
>plugins
2000$ for a bloatware is better than paying 20$ to literally get the same results?
>this is garbage, etc.
Addons, chud.
>tutorials
Andrew price.
>modifiers
You dont know how to use them.

Anonymous No. 912137

Why is this board obsessed with whether Blender will become an industry standard or not? Just use whatever you want, make good arts/models for exposure, and you will likely get hired/earn money.
Who the hell cares about the tools? It's your creativity and talents they are looking for.

Image not available

200x302

thumb_satisfied-i....png

Anonymous No. 912141

>>912134
>Andrew price.
THIS.

FINALLY SOMEONE MENTION WESTERN MODERN TEACHER OF THE 3D ART, MR PRICE, HE VERY GOOD MAN, VERY GOOD.
MR PRICE TEACH MY WHOLE VILLAGE OF RASHNUPIRYABAT HOW TO MAKE THE UV MAP, WE ALL RICH NOW WITH WELLNESS OF THE COWS AND THE PERSONAL ASSISTANT.
BLENDER IS FUTURE TECHNOLOGY AND MANY MORE TUTORIAL IN HINDI AND BY KIND MAGICIANS OF THE HIGH ARTS SUCH AS MR ANDREW PRICE

Image not available

1080x1080

1659523554557.jpg

Anonymous No. 912144

>>912083
>>912098
>>912116
https://code.blender.org/2022/02/vfx-reference-platform/
Blender doesn't want to follow industry standards, so it will never become an industry standard itself.
>M-MUH UBISOFT
Calling previsualization an "industry job" is like saying you work at NASA because you clean the toilets there.
>M-MUH STUDIO KHARA
The artists that work there will have to either learn a new tool or stay in their positions for the rest of their lives, because no other company will hire them as CG artists if they don't have tool flexibility.

The Blender Foundation already decided that the VFX industry isn't worth their time and the VFX industry already decided that Blender isn't worth their time.
By definition, Blender will never be industry standard. Cry about it all you want, it's what they mutually agreed on.

Anonymous No. 912147

>>912134
>modifiers
>You dont know how to use them.
not him, but he mentioned being a 3ds max user. max has a modifier system where EVEN EDIT MODE ITSELF is a modifier that you can enable/disable/alter ages after you have worked on the asset.
"oh i didn't end up liking editing session #3 on that piece of armor where I added the round elements" - boom, just delete it and keep all the other work (beveling etc) you did after it (given that it doesn't lead to logical errors). blender uses a really cheap and inconsequential copy of 3ds max's system. while max makes virtually ever action a powerful modifier, blender only goes halfway. the guy was criticizing it because he is used to an objectively better system with more and vastly more powerful modifiers - but you didn't even know that, because you're arrogant enough to shit on software you've never used.

Image not available

1500x1500

boris_fx_savxu_sa....jpg

Anonymous No. 912149

Did someone say industry standard?
Step aside, blendlets

Anonymous No. 912151

>>912086
You are correct though. Blender is trying to be a tool box not a tool.

Anonymous No. 912156

>>912083
It's blender.
*Mic drop*
*Crowd can't stop cheering and oooo-ing*

Anonymous No. 912166

>>912083
Fuck you did we not have this thread ages ago? Did I not explain to you Tangent Animation is dead and Autodesk bought their Animation tools and a bunch of devs to maintain it? Also, nipponji are special cases because they are married to the company upon death? Fuck you Cris.

Anonymous No. 912170

>>912134
This isn't a big scene, Cris.

Anonymous No. 912191

>>912083
Pipeline/ API stuff
Bad asset and large scene management
Poor playback performance

Anonymous No. 912204

>>912086
>mostly because blender doesn't excel at anything at all.
This is false, it excels at being a one stop shop 3d toolkit. That has its strengths, especially for newer studios.

>>912134
>>doesn't handle large scenes
Any powerful enough PC will handle any scene well, but the difference between maya, blender and zbrush when dealing with high density meshes, for instance, is night and day. Same for scenes with a lot of objects. Blender definitely suffers from "too much scripting"-itis in my opinion. You can only get so fast running nearly everything on python.

>>912088
>>you have to shell out 100s of dollars worth of plugins to even get close to mimicking the included modelling functionality of 3ds max (and you still can't recreate the modifier stack)
3ds max is obsolete. Time to move on to Maya, gramps.

>>retarded devs who add features noone cares about
This is my biggest gripe with the software. One thing blender really doesn't need is to be a video editor. It is the year 2022, and they have a pretty decent set of sculpting / texture painting tools (even though the UI kinda sucks, and making new brushes is kinda cancer), but they STILL don't have something as basic as multi-texture painting for proper PBR work.

Another one I'll add is that blender is ironically very unfriendly to external plugins that need to work outside of blender. This is why most renderer developers never did anything for blender. Cycles is pretty decent ever since they added the denoiser, but there are other tools like simulation plugins which do their heavy lifting with machine code instead of python code, etc.

I hate open source software in general because of this, you gotta remember it's just a bunch of people working on areas they personally find interesting, and there's no actual direction or anything like that. Blender has done surprisingly well, but it still shows.

Anonymous No. 912205

>>912134
>Well, chud?
less polys than a PS1 game scene lol

>Arnold is crappier.
not really, from what i've seen people generally get nice results with arnold. but that still doesn't negate that other render engines are much faster and / or look better (vray for example has had much more development and can be pushed further)

>2000$ for a bloatware is better than paying 20$ to literally get the same results?
education edition is free. indie license is $250. pirating it is free.

>Addons, chud.
what addon can fix the abysmal texture painting and sculpting performance?

what addon can even hope to recreate the substance library?

what addon can handle complex geometry like zbrush can?

>Andrew price.
you didn't even mention any of the good blender teachers lol

>You dont know how to use them.
>>912147 already explained it well, but let me add on:
there are way more useful modifiers than blender. most things such as UVW mapping, vertex paint, edge crease etc work as modifiers which lets you be less destructive.
all blender has to do is copy this, and they'd be much closer to recreating the modelling functionality of max. but blender devs aren't skilled artists (math weirdos) so put in time into the geometry nodes meme instead

Anonymous No. 912210

>>912141
lol

Anonymous No. 912213

>>912083
What I like about blender is that it has a shit ton of compatibility and customizability, no stupid shit to start working and it's small file-size wise
however yes it's not good, however I'm still trying to decide If I should move from it or not, shit like grid fill exists (which is a godsend) in blender and most of the shit I said above applies.

Anonymous No. 912214

>>912213
for 3ds max - RapidTools Toolset does this

647x907

1655221737800.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 912215

>>912213
NO CHUD YOU WILL NOT MOVE FROM BLENDER
YOU WILL STAY HERE WITH US AND ENJOY BWENDER FKIN CHUD
IF YOU LEAVE YOU ARE A FAGGOT

Anonymous No. 912216

>>912214
Thanks
3DS max was my first software anyways

I'll likely use a combination of software I already know
Max - Modelling
Maya - Animation
Blender LTS octane - Rendering

Anonymous No. 912217

>>912216
or i'll just do animation in blender with addons for less hassle.

Anonymous No. 912221

>>912217
Exactly! Autochuds btfo.

Anonymous No. 912222

>>912221
btw I'm the same guy who said I'd use blender for rendering

Anonymous No. 912238

>>912222
probably because if I'm going to render it in a different software I'm going to probably animate in it so I don't have to constantly export animations and shit.

Anonymous No. 912245

I unnironically took the Blender pill, I got so fed up with Maya that just moved to Blender and didn't get disapponted, don't know why the contrarian hivemind you can pretty much do anything, still gonna sculpt in Zbrush because I think it's better and got all outside brushes set up, but everything else gonna do in Blender, because God forbid being able to see what your render looks like without rendering I can see Blender being the future because you can do anything on it, it's not specialized like others but you really don't need it
A master of none is often times better than a master of one

Anonymous No. 912258

>>912083
>netflix
That company will be out of business within the next five years

Image not available

642x580

PsychoTurd.png

Anonymous No. 912263

>>912083
>>Blending is BECOMING

Anonymous No. 912270

>>912245
blenders toolset is really fucking mediocre though, it's UI is even shittier, you only have a few good things and the rest is shit, like cycles.
3ds max still beats it by workflow and tools

Anonymous No. 912271

>>912270
>using 3dmax
No one cares gramps, Maya is better

Anonymous No. 912272

>>912271
how?

Anonymous No. 912274

>>912272
It isn't. It's actually just as shitty as blender when it comes to modeling.

Anonymous No. 912276

>>912083
its pretty obvious if you look at usage every few years over the last 20 that blender has been consistently growing. these days there's less an "industry standard" than ever but blender is certainly in that realm and being used in plenty of parts of the industry. a lot of maya and max usage at this point is driven by companies having years worth of plugins written to enable their pipeline and engine interface. over time blender will continue to grow in representation as it already has been

Anonymous No. 912278

>>912270
Cycles is better than Arnold, also why having a bloated toolset is a good thing? you only really use like 20% of the software, in Blender you can sculpt, model, texture, animate and render, you don't need anything else, also with the amount of plugins don't need to suffer like in Maya to fucking animate shit in there

Anonymous No. 912279

>>912278
I've used blender for 8 years and I'm moving.
Cycles is a horrid renderer, unironically something is wrong with it, blenders toolset ranges from shit to shit.

Doing real-life scaling in blender is hard for no reason and isn't incentivized, doing simple shit like spin curves is hard because you have to place your 3D cursor in the right spot to do it, bending requires a lattice, and the viewport features fucking suck, the big advantage blender has is the customization features.

Anonymous No. 912280

>>912279
Cycles isn't as bad as arnold btw, arnold is horrible.
Just use something like octane if you are really sticking with blender, it's free, but take my warnings.

Anonymous No. 912281

>>912279
Well after 8 years is good to move to something else, been using Maya for years now and if don't need to see that piece of crap lagging or crashing on me for the rest of my life it will be too soon, also don't know, Blender interface is simple yes, but you know where everything is after you use for a while

Anonymous No. 912282

>>912280
Is octane better even if you don't do realistic shit? I've heard Eevee is good for stylized content

Anonymous No. 912285

>>912282
Octane isn't even good at realism.

Anonymous No. 912292

>>912285
cycles isn't either

Image not available

1080x648

bus.jpg

Anonymous No. 912297

>>912285
>>912292
What about LuxCoreRender or RenderMan? Are they any more realistic than Cycles and Octane?

Anonymous No. 912330

>>912297
Substance's Painter Iray renderer

Anonymous No. 912361

>>912086
christ, you annihilated all blendlets on this board in one post

Anonymous No. 912410

>>912083
What the fuck is that distorted bitchface expression trying to convey?

Anonymous No. 912413

>>912297
> luxcore
luxcore is very shit and incomplete

RenderMan is honestly quite hard to use seriously from an outsider perspective if I'm gonna be honest, feels weird.

Anonymous No. 912422

>>912410
>I'm 39 years old, single and the last egg I froze failed to take.

Anonymous No. 912461

ITT:

1. only implicitly stating their workflow or UI design and how tool X is gey shit because it doesn't fit it.

2. being oblivious as to what industry standard is - getting a job. If you want to be hired, learn the tools that industry searches for. Are you a capitalist pig? There are enough people that know blender, few who know blender really well, and probably some masochist to design a suitable pipeline. If we're talking small capital, than idiosyncrasies of a fucking free tool is the least of your problems.

I am not searching for emacs software development firms, I use intellij for code refactoring alone. If I can get the same toolkit with a familiar control scheme, requiring little setup and not paid, I'll switch to it.

---

3. It's helpful to be passionate about what you're doing instead of how you're doing it.

Anonymous No. 912465

>>912461
>being oblivious as to what industry standard is - getting a job.
that's not what industry standard means at all. industry standard describes the workflow/pipeline used by the companies that put out the highest quality products.
instead of trying to define away the shortcomings of blender you could just make a fresh pot of coffee and power through 8 hours of learning everything about 3ds max, zbrush, maya UI & hotkeys. or, you know, keep complaining and getting nowhere.

Anonymous No. 912469

>>912465

Genuine question: In what way did I contradict you?

To elaborate, I'm chewing popcorn and admiring unproductive tribalism that people have. I'm all for people who want to work an artist to learn the right tools to get things done the fastest way, and leave kids to play in the sand pit, metaphorically speaking.

Anonymous No. 912471

>>912469
>Genuine question: In what way did I contradict you?
the first two sentences of the very post you just referred to explain it in detail.

Anonymous No. 912476

>>912469

I'm feeling especially autistic today, thank you for responding!

>>912465
> industry standard describes the workflow/pipeline used by the companies that put out the highest quality products.

My definition would rather be: A set of tools aimed at a collective (collaborative,iterative) workflow to productively and economically deliver customer-satisfactory product.
Main distinction to elucidate: business is concerned with products and price-quality (including costs down the line), not primarily the implementation. I will not engage in a discussion I am not knowledgeable in, I'll let you have a gladiator duel here to decide a winner.

Or toolkit to find a job in the industry for short. "Highest quality product" is equally a heuristic. I don't disallow the possibility this is me being ignorant.

I don't think Blender is an industry standard by any metric, just like I'm not going to write server architecture in Scratch. I hope I made that point clear in >>912461 & >>912469 .

Anonymous No. 912481

>>912476
>My definition would rather be:
you didn't give any reasoning and therefore basically just bombarded me with like 9 pages of Warhammer 40k fanfiction. dude, if there is one thing in this world I really don't give a damn about it's made up bureaucracy. blender is garbage, professionals don't use it (aka no industry standard) and you are particularly autistic on a website for autists.
please don't answer me, and I mean that.

Anonymous No. 912484

>>912481

But you're funny my guy, hope you're doing alright. I'll take your analysis >>912481 as a compliment.

Anonymous No. 912515

>>912086
>when the boy that was shining his shoes talked/knew about stocks
this is exactly why I'm abandoning web dev and going for low level software engineering

Anonymous No. 912516

>>912204
>3ds max is obsolete.
i've looked at maya's modelling tools, looks similar to max. i've been considering learning both, but for now i'll master max.

>One thing blender really doesn't need is to be a video editor.
and it doesn't even work well. a lot of stuff needs to be deprecated (like they did with the game engine), but they won't because it needs to do everything for some reason

>PBR painting
i'll explain why this is. the blender devs aren't artists, and they aren't in communication with professional artists. industry standard software is built by communicating with industry leaders to see what they want, but the blender devs don't do this and seemingly add whatever they feel like that week

Anonymous No. 912521

>>912083
seeing this super psychotic face in the catalog every time I browse this board is a minor form of psychological torture.

Anonymous No. 912554

Blender is the perfect tool for basement loners working alone. However it collapses in serious sized team situations with split departments. The fact is most people in these discussions aren't talking about anything much beyond modelling anyway, making their seethe all the more impotent. Blender is fine the way it is and that includes the fact that it will never be an industry standard. It's not even trying to be.

Anonymous No. 912561

>>912554
Blender is absolutely NOT fine until it has proper texture painting tools. I will mald and seethe until they make it happen.

Anonymous No. 912570

>>912554
>>912561
jus use substance painter you chuds. its the standard everywhere else

Anonymous No. 912577

>>912570
It is also cancer to pirate, and terminally jewware.

Anonymous No. 912579

>>912577
just download the master collection retard
pirating autodesk and adobe is braindead easy

Anonymous No. 912603

>>912579
I mastered your mother in bed last night.

Anonymous No. 912608

>>912083
Blender will never be standart aright.

Anonymous No. 912609

"Blender is coming". But since its free, employers will pay the bare mimumum for your work. This is nothing to be excited for. Just another opportunity for you to be exploited.

Image not available

860x670

702-7022959_pepe-....png

Anonymous No. 912629

>tfw used blender in AAA studio

Anonymous No. 912725

I'll never get why the retards in these threads seethe so much over blender

Blender has been used and continues to be used to make beautiful pieces of work, and it is completely free to do so which makes it accessible to everyone

It gets the job done and for experienced users it gets the job done fast and well, so why argue about certain features that it lacks. I get defending your preferred software from newbie retards who wanna shit on it and say blender is better when its not, but that doesn't make blender a bad program

Anonymous No. 912945

>>912086
>but what blender actually does is that it copies the functionality of superior software with less/worse features, less stability, performance and so on.

And yet the artists that can complete complex tasks with Blender are literal gods compared to plebs that use 7 pieces of software to achieve a thing.

Blender is the Linux of 3D.
Being good at using blender is akin to the guys that make insane images with windows paint. If you can master blender you can master anything (besides houdini, but that's another story).

>as 80% here are blender beginners
80% of 3D are Blender beginners, the software is free, so it attracts everyone, the donuts, anvils, and defaultcubes proceduralism will filter these people.

No hate, but Blender is unironically harder (at higher levels) than anything other than Houdini.

Anonymous No. 912980

>>912945
>And yet the artists that can complete complex tasks with Blender are literal gods compared to plebs that use 7 pieces of software to achieve a thing.
I've never seen one and that is not true at all.

>Blender is the Linux of 3D.
Linux is slim, never freezes/breaks and aimed at 130IQ autists, blender is bloated, crashes more often than any other 3d software and is aimed at 90IQ autists from bangalore, india.

>Being good at using blender is akin to the guys that make insane images with windows paint.
yeah and that's one of the dumbest fucking skills to have. again: never seen one of those alleged blender gods.

Image not available

647x907

1655221737800.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 912982

>>912980
>Blender gods
Blender guru, cris, flippednormals, etc.
>crashes more
Wrong, chud.
>dumbest skills
Wrong.

Anonymous No. 912986

>>912982
meh. the problem with this board is that bait is indistinguishable from blendertards actual opinions, so what's the point?

Anonymous No. 912994

>>912980
>I've never seen one and that is not true at all.

I'm the actual guy you're replaying to btw.

FlyCat, Wanoco 4D, Ian Hubert, Gian Gian.

The limiting factor in 3d is you, not the software. Maya, Max or Zbrush won't cook your freedom fries with cancer ketchup more than Blender.

>blender is bloated, crashes more

Bullshit, and even if it does crash, you have autosaves and saves that are almost instant. I don't remember ever waiting for blender to save, it will make you wait when loading, but not saving.

>aimed at 130IQ autists
Welcome to blenders geometry nodes, where you need an actual IQ to do things.

>yeah and that's one of the dumbest fucking skills to have.

If I can make quality with Blender I will 1000% make better quality than you with 7 different highly optimized industry standard pieces of software, get it through your head, brainlet.

Image not available

860x689

352-3525635_priso....png

Anonymous No. 912995

>>912994
you shifted the discussion away from "blender is inferior software" (= of legitimate interest) to "duuuurrrrr it's inferior which means people using it are more skilled because it's harder" (literally hardcore autism).
I'm not going to entertain your nonsensical "debate", as it makes just as much sense to argue that 100m runners should be dragging steel ball&chains behind them, as being able to sprint with an artificial hindrance is "superior" to going as fast as humanely possible.

you are fucking retarded and i hate your kind. you absolute belong on 4chan.
pic related: blender.

be proud of not maxxing your skills ever, no one cares.

Anonymous No. 912998

>>912995
>be proud of not maxxing your skills ever, no one cares.

I don't post DAZ shit like you garbage tier plebs do, so yes, I'll forever be asshurt that I'm using actual core skills every single day, woe is me.

I will forever piss from the top of a hill onto you Metahuman and Daz using model "tweaking" fags.

Let me guess, you also do renders with cars that you haven't modeled yourself (because you can't) and just yoinked off of some website. A literal child can do this, you're child tier, or a pleb, or both.

>to going as fast as humanely possible.
I have no interest beyond being a godtier modeller, blender is amazing for that even without HardOps and 100 addons, and fast as fuck if you aren't a retard. If you can't make blender suck your cock by doing curve to mesh operations when doing hard surface then you're not going to ever make it.

My entire interest in 3D consists of making MOI and Blender my bitches.

Anonymous No. 913045

>>912998
>you Metahuman and Daz using
literally never used any of these. nice strawman wall of text, blendertard.

Image not available

600x600

plush-ghostbuster....gif

Anonymous No. 913065

>>912998
ngmi

Anonymous No. 913071

>>912083
>>I see many 3d job postings with Blender and UE5

It's happening

Image not available

640x640

pizza fountain.jpg

Anonymous No. 913098

>>912083
It literally fucking depends on how you define "industry standard". If you're a turbo autist and define it as replacing Maya/Max in the entertainment and gaming sectors, then it won't be "the standard" anytime soon. If you're talking about regular use in any industry that uses 3DCG (film/television, video games, architectural visualization, and medical visualization, just to name a few), then it already is a "standard". Companies not working in the entertainment industry typically aren't well-invested into a strict pipeline, which ultimately allows programs like Blender and Cinema 4D to be used.

Anonymous No. 914161

>>912609
>employers will pay the bare mimumum for your work.
They always do.

Anonymous No. 914177

>>912083
>>Z IS FUCKING UP
truly abominable

Image not available

768x768

1619145445257.jpg

Anonymous No. 914179

>>914161
>bumping a pointless software-war-thread after 8 fucking days for this incredible piece of wisdom
thank you so much for posting here, anon.

Anonymous No. 914180

>>912103
>they already pay their employees $35k anyway.
My brother makes $35k working fast food part time 4 days a week (in america)

Anonymous No. 914624

>>912083

I will now start showing that picture to every faggot artist who's doing those stupid ass meme HEART PUPILS.

Anonymous No. 914632

>>912083
I hate that image

Anonymous No. 914673

>>912134
I'm convinced the chudposter is trying to make blender users look like retards

Anonymous No. 914697

Why you gyus are always telling about about buying addons to your software? I've just downloaded all my addons and plugins via torrent from cg oriented websites. Whats your problem?

Anonymous No. 914819

I'm a beginner solodev with not a lot of dosh, so...
Blender seems like it was made for me

Image not available

270x480

1649672751939.webm

Anonymous No. 915362

>>914632
>>914624
>>912521
>>912410
(unfortunately it's a video)

is blender good for you?

Anonymous No. 916026

i plot vertices on graph paper and get better results than all of you
everyone here should kill themselves immediately

Anonymous No. 916174

>>912570
adobe sucks, everything they make uses their own shit control scheme and their own gayass file extensions that nobody else supports so they can trap you in their web forever making shitty calarts-tier vector "art". Learning adobe products will literally put holes in your brain.

>>912577
>terminally jewware.
also this

Anonymous No. 916176

>>912603
kek

Anonymous No. 916178

>>913045
>>912998
>>912995
I pull free models from DAZ and use them in Blender, I am light years ahead of your retard workflow.

Anonymous No. 916195

>>915362
Damn that's some unhinged mf

Anonymous No. 916499

>>912088
>the only good thing about it is geometry nodes
I'm fairly sure this is a feature that was mimicked from Houdini's workflow who did it before (and allows to do more stuff so better).

Anonymous No. 916875

>>912083
Rent free, blendfag.

Image not available

1622x1620

1661530748336.webm

Anonymous No. 916925

>>912086
>modeling
>sculpting
>retopo
>UV-mapping
>texturing
>rigging
>animation
so out of curiosity, what are the single best programs for each of those tasks?

Anonymous No. 916927

>>916925
>modeling & Sculpting
Organic: Zbrush
HardSurface- 3dsMax

>Retopo:
Topogun/MayaQuaddraw

>UVMapping
kys

>Texturing
Mari for painting for VFX production

>Rigging
Depends on where You animate - you cant interchange the rigs between software.
Maya.

>Animation
Maya.

Anonymous No. 917569

>>912083
It is the year 2022 and I still have to rely on external addons to have UVW unwrapping and precision modelling.
Blender devs are too busy endlessly working on geometry nodes to finish basic features that they've been delaying probably for half a decade by now.

Anonymous No. 917579

>>915362
I mean tech literacy is a real problem. Particularly around the internet and public personas. 4chan is one of the few places you can relatively safely act like a moron. Obviously they can trace you through your digital footprint and IP but unless you're committing/committed a crime, it's hopefully unlikely the dumb shit you say here would be made public. But attaching your name or commonly used handles to radical political, religious, or even sometimes inane opinions put you at risk. She has a point. It seems unethical, but we're all doing our part to combat whatever ideologies we perceive as a threat.

Anonymous No. 919698

>>916927
the absolute state of /3/

Anonymous No. 919736

>>919698
>absolute state of /3/
>does not try to refute any of the software
just say you are a faggot and go to >>/lgbt/

Anonymous No. 919766

>>912086

Blender excels at modeling, but that's about it. With a few paid addons it can also excel at UV unwrapping.

Anonymous No. 919768

>>919736
oh wow what a surprise the TRANNY is obsessed with faggots. shut the fuck up Britney or Stephanie or whatever the fuck ur trying to get people to call you. You will never be a woman.

Anonymous No. 919772

>>919768
grow up cris

Anonymous No. 919784

>>912274

Blender is actually really really good at modeling. Not as much as Max but way way better than Mayass.

Anonymous No. 919861

>>912086
I go to a trade school for game dev with connections to a bunch of big studios where people will get internships. I feel like 90% of the people who go here are complete morons. Not in a funny way but in the way that I don't understand how the fuck they are even alive. They spend all their time playing games instead of watching lectures, cannot work in teams and just complain or don't show up, they don't know how to take care of public spaces and frequently just leave trash and dirty dishes lying around, constantly start drama, even steal work from online and claim they make it etc.

My point is, this is 90% of the entire school across all locations probably around 300 students or so. The school says we are guaranteed to get internships at companies and that most people get jobs after that. But these people are like adult children who can't even use a dishwasher.

Am I crazy for thinking that I should leave this industry?

Anonymous No. 919867

>>919861
>The school says we are guaranteed to get internships at companies and that most people get jobs after that.
ahahahahaha
no
most people will experience a harsh reality check when applying for jobs later because all the issues you mentioned make them unemployable.
Personality/behavior does matter very much when applying for a job - nobody really wants to work with retarded assholes...
Also, if out of 300 students, 30 actually become decent junior artists that are employable than that isn't actually a bad percentage, its almost normal for modern art education.

Anonymous No. 919869

>>919861
>trade school
>game dev

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
t.hvac

Anonymous No. 919870

>>919861
prepare the lawsuit for when (You) dont get an internship.

also
>trade school
>game dev
ask for Your money back.

why.

Anonymous No. 919871

>>919861
me again
>>919867
>I go to a trade school for game dev
My adhd brain omitted that information, but that doesn't change much - my point still stands.

Anonymous No. 922173

>>916927
Now compare the collective price of all of those to just using blender

Anonymous No. 922176

Doesn't Blender excel at churning out contents for social media , esp for indie ? That's a good niche if you ask me, why even try forcing it into big production pipeline

Anonymous No. 922177

Big companies want accountability in the software they use

Anonymous No. 922196

>>922173
poortard blendfags like (you) cant comprehend that free=/= better.

Anonymous No. 922209

>>912083
>Name me reasons why Blender will never be industry standard.
You are retarded and believe that there is one "industry" and one "standard" and you lack the intellect to even define these terms in an reasonable way.
Rather you believe that once Blender will be "industry standard" it will replace other tools, you are emotionally invested in this outcome as you have attached your ego to Blender.
There is not one industry, but many and they all have standards - many of them.
> that's why movies like Next Gen on netflix was made in Blender.
If you can name 100 more movies you would actually have an argument.

>>912086
>in general there is absolutely no need for generalist software,
factually wrong
Max, Maya, C4d and Blender are all considered generalist software outside of their core competencies that makes them special and most artists use them in exactly this way.

>but only for the highest quality possible.
misleading statement and out of context.
50% of all the projects done "in the industry" are low level, low complexity jobs that don't need any specific tools and can be done with any DCC.
If your argument where true than why does Cinema 4D still exists?
Houdini can do everything C4d can do but better.
But Houdini cannot do easy things faster or cheaper - quality is not the only deciding factor in what "the industry" wants, it stands in relation to cost and time.
The law of diminished return is a thing. You are arguing strictly form an high end, bleeding edge viewpoint, but this makes up only a small portion of "the industry".
Worker drones (that are average) do generic crap (which is shit) with general software (that is cheap).
Most of them don't have the attention span or intellect to pump their shit through 7 specialized tools, even if they had, it wouldn't be faster, nor would the end result look better.
>blender is noobie central.
not to mention the shizo cult around it.

Anonymous No. 923671

>>922209
>can be done with any DCC
LMAO faggot. you are absolutely retarded beyond belief if you act(((JEW)))ally believe any of the dallas cowboys cheerleaders (DCC) could competently complete any low compexity job, even in a program like blender. I've met trannies with down syndrome that make more sense then you.

Image not available

960x1000

1653035449873.jpg

Anonymous No. 923681

>>922209
>Max, Maya, C4d and Blender are all considered generalist software outside of their core competencies that makes them special and most artists use them in exactly this way.
you are pulling things out of your ass. max users don't sculpt in max, but in zbrush. then UV in rizom or a paid plugin such as unwrella. they rig and animate in maya, texture in substance and mari etc etc.
the very goddamn point of my post (which is a quarter fucking year old btw, you goddamn sperg) was that ONE SHOULD STRIVE FOR PERFECTION INSTEAD OF MEDIOCRITY.
>Worker drones (that are average) do generic crap
you are ngmi. your aspirations are a joke and what you would call a "life dream" is very likely bland, generic and uninteresting.

you are a non-person - a blender apologist.

Anonymous No. 923683

>>923671
>I've met trannies with down syndrome
no one ever doubted that, anon.

Anonymous No. 923771

>>923681
>uv in Rizom

you /3/tards have a hard on for a stupid uv unwrapping software jfc.

Anonymous No. 924877

>>912083
Because it's open source and studio will have proprietary add-ons for it. Soon there will rockstar studio version that will be completely different from Blender version Rockstar north team will be using.

Anonymous No. 926372

>>912083
Cuz the ppl here love terminally jew-ware

Anonymous No. 926711

this board is beyond saving

Anonymous No. 928524

>>926711
yes>>926711

Anonymous No. 928528

> was made in Blender
Nothing professional has ever been made in Blender. Everything made in Blender has a very specific bad taste to it. Hard to explain but you can always tell if something was really made in Blender.
Professional stuff is made in 20 different pieces of proper commercial (possibly pirated) software and then imported into Blender. If at all.
Blender exists mostly to get plausible denial for commercial licenses. That explains why in 20 years the code base has remained so sloppy and the interface so incomprehensible.

Image not available

900x900

1668308572274609.jpg

Anonymous No. 928888

>>912083
>Name me reasons why Blender will never be industry standard.

...thats not even the goal of the blender foundation because they dont want to deal with demanding/annoying "industry" cunts!

Image not available

554x439

1446762184331.jpg

Anonymous No. 929150

>>912144
>Blender doesn't want to follow industry standards, so it will never become an industry standard itself.

The way I see it, as more and more students come around that only have experience in Blender "the industry" is going to be forced to adopt Blender. It might take a decade or more but at some point the effort required to retrain everybody to Maya is going to outweigh the benefits.

Image not available

221x228

shi-y-banana.w1456.jpg

Anonymous No. 929198

>>929150
>dude if just enough untalented pajeets spam the market with their soulless garbage, state-of-the-art will magically cease to exist, bro. POWER TO INDIA!!! POWER TO INDIA!!! POWER TO INDIA!!! LET SMELL TAKE OVER!!! POOP FOREVER!!!

Anonymous No. 929205

>>929198
The average consooomer doesn't care about soul. If your studio can get out their minimally viable product out the door faster with Blender then that's what they're going to do.

Anonymous No. 929659

How about you just use what ever the fuck you wanna use.
My studio only uses 3ds max because all our plugins are programmed for it.

Image not available

1440x938

EIO0o_gWkAE7ZRC.jpg

Anonymous No. 930230

>>922173
>2023
>paying for software

Image not available

512x512

d0f811db05b2f9a54....jpg

Anonymous No. 930231

>>916927