Image not available

400x480

Mar 09.gif

๐Ÿงต Is this workflow even possible?

Anonymous No. 913378

It's even possible, like technologically possible to combine the limited techniques of modern anime, cut out, and stop motion, 3D and pixel art sprite animation, to produce a hybrid style that can look similar to traditional but takes 1/10 of the effort.

Basically mixing GGXrd techniques of toon shading, but like using it for the base limbs and core of the body, while you use something like a cut out system from 2D toon boom rig for the head and hand, while the fingers are drawn later in another 2D traditional animation tool like TV paint in some post process paint over, while the flowing skirts and hair are just traditionally animated by pen and paper, and later add in a compositing tool, and in a later step, do some post process where you paint over quickly some fixes and do like add inner drawing animated by traditional animation like flowing folds, then do some post process it to give 80's grainny style?

Basically, like a multi compositing paint over animated layer step.
1) Make the 3D base using stuff shit that doesn't really change, like human limbs.
2) Paint over to make it look 2D and fix mistakes.
3) Create a library of cutout hand and head shapes and ear and mouse and nose dots.
4) Create an animated version of the eyes moving in the scene, being traditionally animated, while tracing the scene.
5) Composite the head and hands into the 3D paint over animation.
6) Traditionally draw in pen and paper, keeping some printed frame reference, some 8-12 frame loops of the hair, flags and other windy clothes like skirts.
7) Paint those hair loops, using 2D painting tool.
8) Composite these into the other pieces, as some paintover.
9) Fix some errors using paintover.
10) Do post processing to make it seem like granny old VHS film.

There's not a single reason I have to think I can't separate my 2D animations into a 3D base using toon shaders of the static body limbs, fix with some quick paintover, then do two aditional layers.

Image not available

480x282

cartman-murder.gif

Anonymous No. 913379

I CREATED A NEW ART STYLE MYSELF. DO YOU SEE?

Anonymous No. 913383

>>913378
>use 3d to create line art and then clean it up

alot of places are already doing this with hardsurface shit like complicated ships that would be difficult to do manually.

other people have used blender to collage together 2d assets and 3d stuff to make one image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsvZsVPhTVs

but i think eventually, most anime will move to CG as they figure out better shaders and tricks to make it indistinguishable.

Anonymous No. 913385

fuck off cris

Anonymous No. 913400

>Tracing shitty 3D animation for peak dogshit results

Image not available

494x412

asuka.png

Anonymous No. 913547

>>913385
>>913400
>>913379
Man you fags haven't even seen cris at his worse. I remember the garbage he used to post on 8ch, that fucking asuka model haunts my dreams.

Anonymous No. 913569

>>913547
He posts on the cripplechans?