Image not available

1008x1024

1652310000387.jpg

๐Ÿงต Animation learning

Anonymous No. 914820

Can you learn animation if you're a poorfag unwilling to pay thousands of dollars for iAnimate and Animation schools?
If so, where do I get/download the material to learn?

Why is animation never talked in here?

Anonymous No. 914821

There are several hints in your post alone that you have an attention span of a fruit fly so no, you can't learn to animate I guess

Anonymous No. 914822

>>914820
15 (fifteen) USD (United States Dollars) for an invite to CGP (CGPeers).

Anonymous No. 914827

>>914822
screw that scam, everyone knows you need The Animator's Survival Kit by Williams Richard

Anonymous No. 914832

>>914821
It was originally a long post and I deleted and wrote those 3 lines that summarize the entire thing. Btw, I already know the basics of rigging, making a control rig, keyframing and using the graph editor. I watched a while ago some animation theory course/books (12 principles of animation and that game anim book) tho I need to get back to all of that since it has been years I think. The thing I'm wondering is if these schools brings more to the table compared to the path I'll follow if download introduction courses from Udemy or whatever and get the rest from Youtube video or whatever.
Also it's true that finding learning materials on animation is hard so my question is legitimate. Especially if you're after intermediate/advanced stuff or industry techniques/workflow for films or video games.
>>914822
Is that truelly the only thing that you need.

Anonymous No. 914833

Read the animation surival kit then watch youtube videos on animation. There are entire timelapses of professionals animating on youtube so you shouldnt need courses. You only learn animation by animating so keep that in mind.

Anonymous No. 914834

>>914832
Second answer was meant to >>914827

Anonymous No. 914838

>>914820
yes

download Blender
follow this course
https://online-courses.club/alive-animation-course-in-blender-by-p2design/

Image not available

269x200

1652738146879.gif

Anonymous No. 914839

>>914833
> You only learn animation by animating so keep that in mind
I tend to forget this. I think if I spent the whole time animating shit instead of searching for tuts and shit, this thread wouldn't even exist.
>>914838
I already have it but since I'm using Maya, I'm watching only some bits for animation theory. I love this guy tho. I wish Maya had a community like Blender's.

Anonymous No. 914850

>>914832
the only real reason to go into a real school is to get the certification for autodesk that some major companies want. You can still get a job with great animation on your portfolio. I'm currently at school and only doing it for the highly technical animation, the basics of animation you learn on youtube is available it just takes skill and years of learning to become an expert on the subject.

Many people even my teacher still have problems with animation, sure he knows but not when it comes to rigging and such to make the model move. So don't feel like it's hard because even experts have hard time. As for me, the hard part is art/drawing, i can rig the model, code, move it but not look pretty for the person to like it.

Anonymous No. 914852

>>914838
>>914839
That site has some free maya courses as well. You'de be wise to peruse the catalog.

Anonymous No. 914856

>>914852
I know it's from the I downloaded everything I could find on the subject
>>914850
Thanks I'm going to sleep but I'm gonna follow your and the other anon's advice and start animating like crazy starting from tomorrow.
> highly technical animation
What do you mean by that, I'm curious?

Anonymous No. 914879

>>914850
>the only real reason to go into a real school is to get the certification for autodesk that some major companies want.
When I went to school I got 1:1 tuition by the animation lead on an oscar winning animated movie and I got set up with interviews. You must have gone to a shit school.

Anonymous No. 914880

>>914839
My advice is to do studies. Try to use some reference of an animation you like or of something you're trying to understand. A lot of the time you can simplify "what do I need to learn/what am I doing wrong" by just spotting the differences between what you have, and a clear target.

Image not available

393x360

hmmm.jpg

Anonymous No. 914881

>>914879
If you're a pro animator. How's the pay in the animation sector? Of all the 3D fields, I feel like it's the one that pays the most but I don't know how it compare to webdev (the sector I'm currently working in as a backend java dev) in the long run.
I'm definitely having more fun animating but I'm still doing it as a hobby. But in a close future, I might spend the 2k$ on tuition if it lands me a job. Can you tell me about it since I'm not ashamed to say that I'm mostly driven by money

Anonymous No. 914888

>>914881
Tuition costs a lot more than 2k buddy and that was 10 years ago

Anonymous No. 914892

>>914856
This video from Ubisoft team explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJCkPqpn_Zk

Animators work on the model moving, you think it's easy but that's only a small number of models you will be working to bring models to life. This also includes items and creatures. So an animator job is never done.

Also you may be bring in to work on movies as an animator, someone as to do it for the fans to like the cutscenes.

Anonymous No. 914909

>>914888
I've seen some good shit for 1600$
> checking my facts
Ok if I add the rigging workshop, it's 2500$
>>914892
> technical artist
You know, I feel like it's the way I should go since during the past few years, I touched a little bit of everything (without mastering anything tho) and I'm from a programing background. But knowing what actual skills are actually going to get you hired are well kept secrets. Like in terms of projects, what can I put in my portfolio to apply for tech artist jobs

Anonymous No. 914915

>>914909
Good projects are small tools you've written with a video and short description, math with greek letters always impresses normies so implement a paper. All the secrets are spilled on tech-artists.org

Anonymous No. 914922

>>914909
i don't know, i'm still a student so i never got into the industry yet and still have lots to learn.

Image not available

680x460

1633875663650.jpg

Anonymous No. 914995

>>914915
>tech-artists.org
Lol, I always have trouble finding the most obvious shit even IRL

Anonymous No. 914996

>>914995
tech-artists.org isnt a place where "all the secrets are spilled". That would be github and stack overflow. Tech-artists.org is a pretentious joke compared to that

Anonymous No. 915225

>>914839
>I think if I spent the whole time animating shit instead of searching for tuts and shit,
no, don't do this, bad idea, you will progress extremely slowly, you need to balance the 2, you don't want to just blindly go into it but also you don't want to just read or watch without practical application.

look up something called project based learning and make sure that you learn only the fundamentals first, then when it comes to making a projection, be really thorough in planning out exactly what you need to learn to complete it, down to things like "how do i move the fingers in a natural way"...go to youtube, watch, then immediately come back to your project and apply it.
take that approach instead of spending 9 hours straight trying to go it alone and fumble around.
its very easy to lose sight of what you are doing and lose track of time, so don't do any one particular thing for an extended period of time unless you really have a reason for it.
i limit myself to 2 hour blocks maximum, before I go and do something else that's related.

Anonymous No. 915270

>>915225
Thanks I'm gonna do it that way