Image not available

2500x1395

shin-min-jeong-2.jpg

🧵 Stylization levels

Anonymous No. 917250

What is you guy's advice on stylization and finding your style? Sometimes I like to sculpt more realistic faces, sometimes I tend to shift to the more stylized look. I dont like to go super stylized, since it begins to feel too simplistic.

Are there more examples of levels of stylization? When starting on a character I am unsure on 'how stylized' to make it and what that entails.

Do more professional sculpters focus on one level of stylization and stay there?

Image not available

640x640

1656540871314.jpg

Anonymous No. 917260

>>917250
>What is you guy's advice on stylization and finding your style?
you clearly go by your intuition, aka what feels right. get a pinterest account, browse the topic that interests you and follow what naturally sparks interest without overthinking it. whenever i feel stuck or in doubt, i try to get as much information as possible about the problem, and the site is excellent for just that. don't logically analyze how stylized something should be, instead just bombard yourself with varying images until the perfect comprise just magically materializes before your eyes.

Anonymous No. 917339

>>917250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg8w6gk4cE
Art is something that has to evolve naturally, don't copy someone else's visual style, you need to experiment and figure out what features you focus on that work.
I am not an artist, I use art as a means to an end and don't just create art for the sake of art, it's just a tool, I have no visual style, don't be like me,

Anonymous No. 917439

"style" is a series of errors you consistently make that do not subtract from the quality of your work.

Image not available

1690x1089

zhelong-xu-yazi03.jpg

Anonymous No. 917509

classic "pre/trans fallacy"
just because something transcendently delicate looks neat, clean and elegant, that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being simple, rather the complexity is so well hidden and nuanced that you can only stand in awe of the work

Anonymous No. 917689

>>917250
Whatever sells, I have no personality

Anonymous No. 917692

>>917509
Ah yes, “clean sink, dirty water” metaphor

Image not available

1062x1200

ucupumar-blender-....jpg

Anonymous No. 917702

>>917439
This but unironically.

Anonymous No. 917714

>>917439
Pretty much.
"Style" is your personal workflow. That's it.
All those little things you consistently do to arrive at an end product, that's your style.
Visually it looks coherent and similar to other things of yours BECAUSE of that ingrained process and workflow. That's the essence of style.

Which is an important thing to understand when you want to break from your style and try something else. You have to rethink and reapply your workflow into something else. Which is a hard thing to do since habits are hard to break. Which means that you'll do some things different, but your habits are still sticking around. So you try to do something in a different "style" but it still comes out as your own because you can't really unlearn things, you can only add to them.

Of course as you improve so does your style. But you have to be wary about falling into too deep a rhythm, otherwise you'll stagnate.

Anonymous No. 917746

>>917250
I prefer the middle
Full on anime style in 3d always looks so weird