Image not available

2000x2000

untitled.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 918431

I'm looking to get into 3d modeling/animation in blender. my gaming rig is struggling to keep up with highres rendering, what are the odds that my library would let me use their computers to render from a usb drive loaded with my favorite distro of linux? it takes several hours each to render animations over 30 min long on my pc, imma try running a batch file at home then go to the library and use their computer army I doubt see much use and have those things chug away. they have a lot of potatoes iirc. like, a LOT. i have like 40 flash drives loaded with linux mint, 10 loaded with other distros and another that holds all my .blend files. its almost full of them despite being a 64gb stick; if it takes roughly 8 hours/min with 30 potatoes I can average around 16 min/minute of animation and they are open around 14 hrs/ day so yeah. if nobody can say, I'll just walk in and ask tomorrow. I've been using a pattern of animate, save file, then around the end of the month batch render them all. that way I maximize both my shitposting capacity and my hours of practice. if that doesn't work I'll just buy a shitload of rpis and use all my old boost/buck converters to make a mega potato rendering cluster with 1 18650 cell each for the monthly render spree. today I'm backing up all my files and loading up all my linux drives with the blend files and making a batch file for 20 5-ish minute renders w/ cycles @ 100 samples each. my gaming pc will handle all the longer ones I want ray tracing on. despite all my effort and practice i'm still really bad at blender, might be some sort of learning disorder. if you actually read this novel, congrats and ty i guess.

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 918436

I've decided to actually start a rendering farm after all. it will be really friggin slow so keep that in mind but go ahead and email your .blend files to [email protected] and when I finish building it I'll render them and send it back to you. nsfw content allowed if not loli. If you agree to pay me a good amount I might oblige anyway if also not photorealistic. The machines will not be connected to the internet or really anything so I'll render it on a fresh distro every time without checking for malicious code or anything. attach a .txt with special rendering instructions in addition to things stored in the .blend if desired. I estimate the render farm will be up well before 10/3/2022 but after 9/20/2022 with the mm/dd/yyyy format.

Anonymous No. 918439

TL;DR

Anonymous No. 918440

>>918439
didn't expect anyone to lol.

Anonymous No. 918541

>>918431
did not read it all but don't render on linux, simple as

Anonymous No. 918544

>>918431
Condense what you have to say in to a paragraph or don't bother next time. Rendering the background and characters separately, and using denoising after lowering the sample count will speed up render times.

Anonymous No. 918550

>illiterate
>winfag
every single time