Image not available

1280x720

1664040844068629.webm

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 919534

Garbage animation.
>huge water displacement is not pushing the character away
>the drive should have caused a lower amount of pressure on the water surface. all the screen should have been filled with bubbles.
>the subtle tilt up before diving down looks like it is tilting on a fixed point. It looks robotic and not organic at all
>fishes in the background are chilling, as if a giant potential predator would not have scared them away.
Is this the next step on 3d? I tough Cameron loved the ocean?

Anonymous No. 919542

>>919534
you wouldnt get it if it smacked you in your face

Anonymous No. 919578

4chan: the place for salty haters. Seethe.

Anonymous No. 919581

>>919534
>THE SCI-FI FANTASY MOVIE IS NOT REALISTIC!!!!!!

i dont see you complaining when you hear explosion in space
seethe

Anonymous No. 919652

>>919534
Physics are not important anymore, only 'the MESSAGE'

Anonymous No. 922210

>>919534
I just want you to know that you're absolutely right.

Anonymous No. 922280

>>919534
Unironicly, how do you accurately animate a character in a turbulent environment like that? It's not like you can mocap and doing it manually sounds like hell since visualising the 3D current field is hard and accounting for momentum with constantly changing impulses harder. You'd need dome sort of procedural animation system but those suck for humanoids.

Anonymous No. 922302

>>922280
Carefully studied reference footage is probably the easiest way to do it.

Anonymous No. 922362

>>922280
The level of accuracy is the problem.
You don't need to simulate it to the atom.
You just need to fix the most broken parts of the animation : what most people will notice.
Showing this to anyone with a physics background would have been enough.
If I remember correctly, some game companies have an expert in environments to properly animate water, smokes, particles, etc...
I hope what OP posted was for the control groups for the movie...

Anonymous No. 922363

All of you furfags can yiff in hell.

Anonymous No. 922365

>>919534
>fishes in the background are chilling, as if a giant potential predator would not have scared them away.
This is my only gripe with your criticism. If this is a native part of the environment and they not only evolved to know that it's not a threat, but also have spent their entire lives with this specific animal not being a threat, they wouldn't react like it's a "giant potential predator", but a large non-threat. This is a fellow native species in their environment, not some unknown factor.

Anonymous No. 922382

retard. go touch some grass or at least watch a documentary

Anonymous No. 922440

>>919534
show your work then, city boy.

Anonymous No. 922629

>>919534
I wonder how you can be this autistic but not be mad that this creatures design is too similar to an earth whale to be a believable alien
Same goes for navi and humans

Anonymous No. 922738

>>919534
>>huge water displacement is not pushing the character away
>>the drive should have caused a lower amount of pressure on the water surface. all the screen should have been filled with bubbles.
These are correct. Slightly autistic, but correct.
>>the subtle tilt up before diving down looks like it is tilting on a fixed point. It looks robotic and not organic at all
Pretty subjective. I find it okay.
Considering that big fishe is clearly a play on baleen whale, it is clearly not a threat to anything bigger than plankton tier. Smaller fish chill around whales regularly.

Anonymous No. 925058

>>919534
>minor physics complaints
>garbage animation
the guy does get pushed away, the displacemant is primarily in front of the space whale
>less pressure on surface, more bubbles
you've never been under water, and there are a lot of bubbles
the tilt is based on actual aquatic mammal behavior, it's just a wind up and a follow through, if you've actually done animation before.
fish ignore bigger fish when they aren't a threat, they're also pretty far away.
whales and sharks generally won't come to a reef to scoop up little schools either.
>sharks come to places like this to breed, and generally ram feed shit like seals or turtles around drop offs, usually at dawn or dusk so they can use the angle of the light to conceal themselves
>whales will filter feed on massive schools of krill or plankton migrating in huge areas of open water
so the conditions aren't ideal for either type of predator to feed
why worry about something that isn't going to affect you? and then waste the precious energy when you only really eat a few calories a week?
I'm an marine biology enjoyer, but have you never hit a deer? or seen bugs on your windshield? or seen a human get in any major mishap around vehicles or machinery?
generally things in danger don't realize they're in danger, and when they do they're dead...

Anonymous No. 927784

>>919534
good morning sirs

Anonymous No. 927851

>>919534
We get it. You're an autist that never enjoys anything in life

Anonymous No. 927881

>>922629
The idea that aliens would look super alien to us isn't necessarily true. They'd evolve to solve the same problems and would prob reach similar solutions.
Nutrition intake in the front, shithole in the back, stereo-vision in the front to see what goes into nutrition intake etc.
Aliens living on a planet with standard 1G and similar chemical environment would almost certainly end up looking familiar to something we can find here at home.

I do agree the Navi is way too human, I can buy their upright bipedal bodyplan but all their features are just ridiculously human.
The other creatures of Avatar I find somewhat plausible tho, certainly more thought went into the biosphere than in most sci-fi.

Anonymous No. 928019

>>922365
You are right, same reason why remoras don't swim away from sharks, or tropical fish in reefs don't swim away from turtles.

>>922629
But how do you know what aliens look like, anon?

Anonymous No. 928496

>>919534
on one hand i feel like everyones being a little too harsh on this movie but on the other hand why does this stupid ass movie exist