Image not available

719x407

tutorial.jpg

๐Ÿงต How to make a perfect tutorial?

Anonymous No. 919862

I'll be working on some video tutorials and would like to know what do you think a good tutorial should and shouldn't have. If you have some good examples, please share them here.

Also, do you think having a tutorial without a voiceover would be problematic, even if the explanation is still cleanly explained with text? I'm leaning towards a text based approach personally because I think I can design it well and partially because... Well, I don't like speaking in a video and hearing my voice lol.

Besides things like being straight to the point, well rehearsed / edited video without unnecessary pauses, good video and audio quality, what else do I have to keep in mind?

Anonymous No. 919878

Substance painter, unfortunately, is outdated adobeshit. Do not waste your time on adobeshit

Anonymous No. 919879

>>919862
>Also, do you think having a tutorial without a voiceover would be problematic, even if the explanation is still cleanly explained with text?
Make it dubbed by Kanye west A.I

Anonymous No. 919881

>>919862
>do you think having a tutorial without a voiceover would be problematic
Yes, just use this
https://freetts.com/
And this if you want to add a bit of music
https://www.epidemicsound.com/music/

Anonymous No. 919893

just copy how andrew cramer from videocopilot made his tutorials. can't get much better than that.

Anonymous No. 919961

Can a written tutorial fully replace a video tutorial? In other words, if I write a breakdown, do you think I could provide extra value if I also uploaded a recorded and narrated workflow of the same topic? Think having a chance to write an article for a magazine, but still wanting sell a video version of the workflow by yourself and Iโ€™m afraid an already existing article may significantly reduce an interest for the video. Because all the theory and explanied workflow is in the article, the video is just showing it in practice, right?

Anonymous No. 919963

>>919862
Clear non ESL voice
High quality recording, 1080p minimum
Screencast your keys
Establish at the start what kind of experience is required for the tutorial, if it's actually targeting for beginners then you shouldn't be skipping anything, like literally show which tab you click to x menu to change y setting
Rather than say "go here and find a texture of x" just provide the one you are using in your tutorial, people can experiment after. Make sure the dl link works.

Anonymous No. 919964

>>919862
Unless the tutorial is incredibly short like sub 2mins for a simple procedure, you better be speaking not using text