Image not available

382x417

1648036752443.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 920058

What makes you use Blender and not Maya?
Hey guys, i'm employed by Maya and make tools for them. I was gathering some info to decide how to improve my toolset MayaX and make it better for people who use other softwares.
I noticed many Blenders users still use it after all these years and wonder why use a limited tool kit instead of multiple ones to craft your work better
let's say i can make anything for your in Maya and change it any everyway (maybe even make the whole UI look like Blender if thats what you want).
what changes or feature can make you interested in using Maya?

Anonymous No. 920061

>>920058
It's free

Anonymous No. 920074

>>920058
You can't recreate everything being like 2x as fast to get to which is what people like. Basic example, Maya, click on hypershade, it opens a new window, it's full of shit, I have to clear the graph then right click on my material and go graph network. Blender you swap to shader editor and your material nodes are just there.

Is the Maya hypershade editor able to do more and technically more powerful? Yep. But 97% of the time I don't need that and it just slows you down when you don't need the power.

Anonymous No. 920081

>>920061
>it's free
Maya is free as long as you graduated from an accredited college retard.
Maya is free as long as you downloaded it came from M0nkrus retard.
Long story short, Maya is free as long as you don't make money off it which you likely won't retard.

Anonymous No. 920084

>>920081
Saying that isn't going to suddenly make the money coming my way stop in its tracks, mayalet.

Anonymous No. 920091

>>920058
Can you make Maya free?
I'm a hobbyist, occasionally I get odd freelance jobs like minor set design for an ad or product design/marketing for a friend of a friend.
Why would I pay for Maya when I can do all that in blender?