Image not available

1300x794

parametric define....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 920141

How do I learn sculpting-based 3D modelling as someone who's only experienced in parametric modelling?
I've used more technical stuff like Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, and Sketchup a fair amount and the modelling process for them is very intuitive to me: creating 2D sketches, extruding things, constraining with dimensions, etc.
I try opening Blender though, and I'm clueless. There's no sketches or dimensioning as far as I can tell. No clue how to actually summon up more shapes (vertices?) beyond the initial cube it tosses in without any sort of sketch to create a face and extrude it. No familiar tool buttons like hole, fillet, chamfer, loft, etc. either. And without dimensions I suppose I'm meant to just approximate scale and sizes?
This is all very foreign and unintuitive to me.

Anonymous No. 920145

>>920141
You have Chad fundamentals clocked in, just start modeling hard surface.
Couple months and you will achieve results better than any blender faggot on this board

Anonymous No. 920146

>>920141
Open YouTube write blender bros and start schizoing also blander has a cad addon.

Anonymous No. 920200

>>920141
Better use 3DS Max It's more parametic and reasonable than Blunder that has everything backwards and left for right

Anonymous No. 920207

>>920141
Different modeling style requires different mind set. Coming from polygonal modeling to Cad it frustrated me to no end at first that I couldn't just select edges and faces of a solid to squish or drag around