Image not available

420x500

xl_modelclay37660....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 920399

Uhh henlo what's the proper board to discuss traditional sculpting? This one, /i/ or /diy/? Not that i have anything to discuss, h-hah... Maybe some of you tried sculpting miniatures with polymer clay?

Anonymous No. 920419

/ic/

I don't recommend polymer clay for miniatures because its softness makes small, sharp details difficult.

Use Milliput, Green Stuff, and steel wire. The wire is important.

Anonymous No. 920420

>>920399
/ic/ would be an appropriate place, and people would likely welcome the discussion, but you won't find a lot of sculptors there. They've given pointers on 3DCG before, but the main person there works only in 2D. There's a ton of crabs in there too, and way too many AI doomers, but they're easy enough to just ignore for the most part. /3/ is probably a good enough place for it. It's not technically on-topic, but it's close enough being 3D art, and it would help offset some of the stupider threads here with real discussion.

I've been interested in working a little with polymer clay or some other appropriate clay for messing with while traveling. I have a daily transit that I can't really work on a laptop during (I've tried, 3DCG on a laptop on a moving vehicle is insanely uncomfortable), so I kind of wanted to get ahold of some clay to do little bits of practice with on the go.

Anonymous No. 920447

>>920420
I've watched some tutorial vids and they used super sculpey polymer clay for the base miniature and green stuff for more intricate details.

Anonymous No. 922459

Hey OP i took a few weekend model making classes with Aardman. They use a clay called NewPlast. Its strong enough designed to not melt under stage lights, and lasts. You dont need to bake it or anything and its reusable

Your hands will get a bit of a workout rolling it up at fiest but its totally worth it.

Image not available

1894x1800

boris.png

Anonymous No. 923109

>clay
>clay
>GAY
Anyone into doll-scale woodworking?

Image not available

500x288

Test1.png

Anonymous No. 925789

Image not available

720x414

Test2.png

Anonymous No. 925790

Image not available

852x480

[sound=https%3A%2....webm

Anonymous No. 925902

Anonymous No. 925930

>>920399
You could try making a sculpture and scan it, then rig it, texture it, or whatever
I’m not an expert in 3d photogammetry, since I’m not a 3dcg artist.

Clay modelling is cool, practically and pleasantly, and I would love to try it along with making small scale models of settings.