Image not available

1067x600

1642080901164.webm

๐Ÿงต AI and procedural generation in your workflow

Anonymous No. 920778

With all the advancements in AI, I have some questions.
1. If you have a job in the 3D industry, has AI/procedural generation been implemented into your workflow in some way within the last few years?
2. If yes, then how has it affected your job? Has it made things faster, or perhaps the entire workflow changed?
3. About how much time and money do you think is saved by using AI?
4. Lastly, do you think you job will change or become obsolete in the near future?

Anonymous No. 920781

>>920778
all the advances have been in this year, no professional workflows are including AI right now, and it's mostly used by people fucking around

india's 3D industry is in trouble when things like DreamFusion become mainstream, but you'll always need someone curating things, even if scenarios are created by the AI as well.

Anonymous No. 920789

>>920778
>1. If you have a job in the 3D industry, has AI/procedural generation been implemented into your workflow in some way within the last few years?
No, unless you count auto retopo as AI but it's shit anyway, better to do manually
>3. About how much time and money do you think is saved by using AI?
Using how? Nobody is using it in industry anon
>4. Lastly, do you think you job will change or become obsolete in the near future?
No

Anonymous No. 920819

Smaller studios, and vendors are using it for quick base concepts. No large studios are using it in production yet, they wont touch this AI tech till all the legality is in place.

I worked in vfx, and currently working in games.

I wont answer all those questions but I am nervous about the future. Id imagine I have at least 3-6 years without this tech effecting my job.