Image not available

976x549

1641818039113.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 920839

Anyone developing 3d for VR? Got my VR headset a few days ago. Turns out I'm not prone to motion sickness. I feel like I just want to play more VR, but at the same time, I want to get a better job, so i have to stop myself and develop a whole bunch of things, probably with unity (open) xr.

Playing through some of the games I have been blown away even with quest 2 native games on its processor. It's multiple orders of magnitude better than any 3d movie I've seen. The last time I tried vr was about 10 years ago.

Anonymous No. 920842

>>920839
>developing 3d for VR?
what do you even mean by this?
games? I'm not a code monkey, I'm a 3D monkey, I don't care which platform I'm making models for.

Anonymous No. 920843

>>920842
>what do you even mean by this?
You have to develop your models, textures, and animations to work in vr, and have your camera moves be tailored for vr, among other things.

Anonymous No. 920858

>>920839
I've only dev'd for cardboard, and god scripting for gyro interactions are a pain in the ass

Anonymous No. 920924

Take a Dramamine first

Anonymous No. 920947

>>920924
I haven't experienced any motion sickness in VR.
Ironically, I get very motion sick in 2D pancake FPS, regardless of fov settings.

Anonymous No. 920986

>>920839
>Anyone developing 3d for VR?

is this the end of the question, or do you have more to ask ?

Anonymous No. 921011

>>920986
I would figure the only thing more to "ask" with this question is to give context as to why VR is different from regular asset creation, so people might be able to put themselves in the shoes of someone working in that environment. For example, the sense of scale is powerful, and what might normally feel like an averaged sized room in a flat screenshot might feel much bigger in a VR environment. Certain scenes may give off the World of Warcraft themepark feeling with how cartoonishly large certain setpiece objects such as statues or props may be, and whether or not this effect should be sought after. Should certain objects be as cartoonishly large as to be seen as the setpiece would in a regular animation, or should they be to a scale that the actual human perceiving it would feel is natural? Should a statue be able to be seen in full from so far away, even if it means the statue would be confoundingly massive up close to the point where you only really see the legs when traveling around it at closer distances?

Anonymous No. 921013

>>920947
Iv had a quest 2 for about a year now. I never got motion sickness but early on I couldn't use it for longer than 30min sessions. Now I can play for literally hours. Never taken some kike supplement.

You just gotta get used to it.

Anonymous No. 921032

>>921011
U alr answered urself
Just use ur brain u pretentious halfwit

Anonymous No. 921087

>>921013
the hardest thing about vr is having to come out of it and do regular work in pancake, sometimes for days on end.

Anonymous No. 921118

>>921011
How does one go about showing someone else their VR creation without them having to download it and giving it away for free? For example, looking at other peoples recorded VR gameplay footage on Youtube VR is absolutely horrific and shaky and terrible compared to downloading the app and playing for yourself. I fear that when I make something, someone else will have to jump through hoops to be able to experience it, unlike on traditional flat displays