Image not available

1440x810

articles-17255.jpg

๐Ÿงต Any ideas how to model/render a camera lens? (picrel)

Anonymous No. 920910

I am working on a cell phone design concept for my portfolio, I am using Rhino for a modeling and Blender for rendering. However, I got stuck on the lens part. How should I tackle this? Modeling entire lens seems a little complicated.

Image not available

620x413

file.png

Anonymous No. 920912

>>920910
>Modeling entire lens seems a little complicated
What about it seems complicated? The actual construction of these things is complex, but you can probably get away with faking a lot of it with a single lens and nobody will notice. You just need a plate of glass over the aperture, one visible lens on the inside (maybe two for a more realistic reflection effect, and a black backdrop, and you're most of the way there. Then put a metal bevel around it and probably a bit of a black film around the edge of the glass, and it should look close enough to perfect, as long as you get the effect right on the lense.
If you really want it accurate, you can find it well enough by looking up "phone camera lens assembly" or something and just assemble the whole thing. It's pretty easy to find descriptions and diagrams of these things: https://www.techspot.com/guides/850-smartphone-camera-hardware/

Anonymous No. 920914

>>920912
Thank you very much for your tip, I think this way it's going to be perfect. I'll try it!