Image not available

680x453

shutterstock_2162....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 921030

Sorry to kill a thread but I have a question to ask.
maybe you guys know.
What would be the best way to go about building a following online? specially twitter maybe discord, I know people say to tweet often but 3d being something that takes time would make that rather difficult.
My intention is posting some work and try to sell tutorials, get noticed, maybe even get a job.
is it even possible to get noticed for a job on games/vfx by posting on twitter?
IDK maybe you guys have some insights.

Image not available

1280x622

fuckyou.jpg

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ the chair nerd No. 921034

>>921030

Image not available

1280x622

fuckyou.jpg

Anonymous No. 921035

>>921030

Anonymous No. 921079

>>921030
Have something interesting to show, so that it has a story and it can interest someone.

Then invest in your product at least 30% of your income should be going to ads. Pick your media, right now videos 4-10 sec format are on top.

Twitter is absolutely not art related, like no.

Anonymous No. 921081

>>921030
>maybe you guys have some insights
Yeah I do have some insights

Anonymous No. 921091

You have to spam.
People here will deny it, but that's the only way to do it for free.

Of course, you must spam in a smart way. Otherwise you'll get banned and people will hate you for being a spammer.

A basic trick that works on Twitter is to follow a few dozens of people every day. Find people who don't have many followers and who follow/like/retweet stuff that is similar to your artwork. Follow a few of them (but not too many, because Twitter might detect it and ban you). They'll get a notification and maybe they'll follow you back.

Do this every day. Then after a week, start unfollowing those who didn't follow you back (again, don't unfollow too many people at the same time, or else Twitter will catch on and suspend your account). Repeat the whole process for as long as you need.

Trying to spam on Reddit seems interesting but is actually very difficult.
Large subreddits do have a lot of users, but there's also a lot of people spamming their stuff as well, and many of them will also go through the newest posts and downvote them (that's why so many good posts get zero karma immediately after being posted).
Of course, if you're lucky, people might notice your post and you'll get hundreds or thousands of upvotes.

Since there's a bunch of similar subreddits, you can try to spam your stuff on multiple subreddits simultaneously. But this might result in your account being shadowbanned. Also, each subreddit might have its own specific rules, so you can't just copy-paste the same post, you have to take a look at each sub and find out which tags you should include, etc.
The most popular subs will sometimes have annoying rules, like allowing only posts by people who a minimum karma count in that specific sub, which forces you to make random comments on other people's posts until you collect enough karma.

From my experience, spamming on 4chan and Facebook Groups is useless.

Anonymous No. 921105

>>921030
Here's how I would proceed
>post your good artworks on some subreddit, related to 3D or the software you used
>post your good artworks on artstation
>post your good artworks on twitter/instagram and use art related #

Anonymous No. 921109

>>921105
>and use art related #
Ah, yes, I forgot to mention this. When spamming your stuff on Twitter, always use the proper hashtags.

Anonymous No. 921114

>>921105
This works in the first 2 cases if your art is good, but I don't think it does on Twitter. I'm basically writing a personal blog there, almost nobody sees anything. Then only if I'm lucky that some big boy with a lot of followers likes or retweets my post do I get a lot of attention. If you don't have any following on twitter it seems to be very hard to get noticed. You probably have to be active on that site in general and that's a big NO from me, so whatever, I don't really care anyway seeing what type of people are active there.

Anonymous No. 921124

>>921114
>If you don't have any following on twitter it seems to be very hard to get noticed
Very true, I should've precise my thought, but I put them last because like you said it can work for some special events where you can be seen thanks to some # but it's very rare. That's why you should build a following first on reddit and artstation. Since twitter & Instagram feels more personal people waste more time on them (and also because reddit following is dogshit)

Anonymous No. 921126

Be trans and talk about current thing with actual content shoehorned every once in a while.

Anonymous No. 921127

>>921030
Put 'Pokemon anime gaming girls' in the tag or post and coomers will flock to you

Anonymous No. 921139

what do you guys think about posting on linkedin?

Anonymous No. 921454

>>921091
Best advice in the entire thread... no, in the entire board.

Anonymous No. 921461

>>921091
>and many of them will also go through the newest posts and downvote them (that's why so many good posts get zero karma immediately after being posted)
Kek do they really? I thought the bad ones got filtered even if it sometimes feels like a hit or miss for the good ones.

Anonymous No. 921469

>>921461
I thought that as well, but I read somewhere Reddit's algo tweaks the upvote count constantly a little, you can see it go up and down a few points each time you refresh the page. I think that might be what's happening, but I wouldn't be surprised other people are pathetic enough to browse New and downvote everything around their post.

Anonymous No. 922821

I love social media

>write inspirational posts on linkedin
>somehow have tens of thousands of followers
>even though you're a junior / LFW / no experience in the industry

>get a job at blizzard as some HR / marketing role
>fangirl about how it was your life's dream
>photograph yourself next to the blizzard sign with an :O face
>show off blizzard merch you got as a welcome gift
>write you started from nothing, when you ONLY had 300 connections and blizzard messaged you directly and hired you without prior experience in the role

>have your work featured on artstation
>thousands of likes
>write a long fanfic about your scene which makes it look like you came up with the entire thing by yourself
>at the end of the description mention a concept art you used
>didn't change a thing
>all the props look bad from a closeup

Anonymous No. 923058

twitter:
>follow other artists and talk to them in the comments
>socialize in general and be interactive
>post random pictures of what you're working on regularly, don't wait to finish, nobody cares
>if you cant post pictures just talk about related stuff
just treat it like a mix of a personal blog about your life as an artist and /3/ but good (if you follow the right people) rather than a curated showcase

Anonymous No. 923081

>>921030
do you have a vagina?
if not, ha
good luck