Image not available

480x270

kafuu-chino-cute.gif

๐Ÿงต Give me a rundown on everything

Anonymous No. 921435

How do I become a 3D animator

Where do 3d animators usually get their assets from (like entire models and stuff instead of sculpting them themselves)

Where can I get cool tools and things to play around with

Where can I buy good courses

and more

Anonymous No. 921444

>>921435
https://www.11secondclub.com/
Courses are scams and only permabegs obsess over having a library of them
Just click the first youtube tutorial of animation fundies, and then practice and get crit

Anonymous No. 921445

>>921444
If this doesn't work out after 2 years btw, then ur ngmi

Anonymous No. 921643

>>921445
alright

Anonymous No. 921647

>>921445
not true

Anonymous No. 921653

>>921647
cope

Anonymous No. 921654

>>921444
My friend did a $500 course run by some ex industry pro
Turned out the discord was great for networking
The guy who runs the course ended up getting him a job somewhere as a junior

Anonymous No. 921655

>>921654
and now hes just another guy working for the man, probably 60 hours a week, will have a heart attack before 40

Anonymous No. 922005

bump

Anonymous No. 922017

>>921435
>knows absolutely nothing and already wants to take shortcuts
ngmi.

Anonymous No. 922055

>>921655
WE GOTTA HOLD ON TO WHAT WE'VE GOT

Anonymous No. 922061

>>922005
Don't you dare bump this shit thread on this slow ass bord.

Anonymous No. 922086

>>922061

Anonymous No. 922087

>>922017
kek, I heard everyone does though

Anonymous No. 922097

>>921435
You can Literally a college level education in 3d for free now on YouTube and various other forums and resources like 11 second club and polycount if that's still around. You shouldn't need to pay for anything.

Pro tip: pick one area and specialize and just learn the fuck out of it. No one wants a mediocre generalist who can do a bunch of things not very well. They want people who are good at one thing, maybe two. You can always learn the other shit later.

The bigger the studio, the more specialized you want to be, the smaller the studio the more hats you may have to wear. Indy studios with few people might require the same person to do animation and rigging and maybe even some modeling, whereas larger studios or contracts will usually only require you to do one thing, but you'll need to be good at it.

As far as what you need to learn to animate, you should learn animation fundamentals such as squash, stretch, ease in, ease out, anticipation, etc. There's a wealth of information on this and it generally applies for both 2d and 3d, it's more about how things move over time to create the effects of motion and feel.

On a technical level you'll need to learn things like key frames and controllers, animation splines and dope sheets, block in passes, secondary motion passes, and so on

If you google free educational animation rigs they should be easy enough to find to get you started. It might be a good idea, if you want to learn animation, to also learn a bit about how rigging works at least on an entry level. Building Controllers, bone systems, weight painting, set driven keys, and so on. Understanding how a rig is built and functions will help you as an animator with understanding its capabilities and limitations