Image not available

320x240

1651264219708.gif

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 924090

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right board for this question, but I had no idea where else to ask. I want to hire someone to print a 3D model for me, nothing special, just a small human figurine. All I can find on Google are professional companies that seem to work for big industries. I doubt they'd accept my request, and even if they did, they'd probably charge me an eye and a leg for it. How do I find a freelance guy that will print the model for a reasonable price?

Anonymous No. 924092

this isnt the right board. Try /diy/ or /wsr/.

Goodbye.

Anonymous No. 924100

Fiverr

Anonymous No. 924125

>>924090
discord with furry 3D artists

Image not available

4624x3468

20220818_021147.jpg

Anonymous No. 924163

>>924090
Honestly if you're interested in printing I suggest buying your own. They aren't that expensive

Anonymous No. 924177

>>924163
Is resin printing worth it? The curing, the chemicals, the mess, all seem like a hassle

Anonymous No. 924201

>>924090
Do you have the files already?

Anonymous No. 924206

>>924177
It might be daunting at first, but once you get into the workflow, it isn't as bad. My first resin prints were not perfect, but I improved and later ones came out perfect. OP, depending on what you printed, if you pay for shipping and some extra for materials, I might do it, as long as it is not some illegal shit.

Anonymous No. 924246

Shapeways is good, I've printed jewelry from them and the quality was pretty high for the price.

Anonymous No. 924261

>>924090
I heard Fiverr is the site to try for this stuff. Can't vouch for it as I never used it myself

Anonymous No. 924265

If you have a 3d model file, then /DIY/ if you don't then you will need a higher 3d artist. For a person of reasonable detail, you're looking in the $1000+ range.

Anonymous No. 924281

>>924090
Ender 3 v2 costs like 250$
Anycubic 4k printer costs like 180$

But you also need to factor in all the work you need to put in in order to understand the technology and workflow. It should take around a week to figure everything out (for both resin and filament) but on a very comfortable time investment of something like 1-2h a day.

3D printing is probably the fastest growing and most useful hobby you can have.

I don't know what you're trying to print but there's a chance it might be unprintable. A low chance but a chance nonetheless. If you understand the technology you will be able to tell which models can be printed and which can't and whether to use resin or filament. Companies that offer 3D printing services have a section which explain that the model you send them will be "processed" by an expert if there are issues with it. This will happen if the model itself isn't print-ready. So if you want one model it shouldn't cost more than 10$ but add to this the cost of the 3D printing expert and you'll easily could end up paying hundreds of $. Might as well do it yourself.

When starting out I remember doing hours of research on whether I should buy a filament printer or a resin printer. Now I own 2 of each. Planning on buying more in the future.

Anonymous No. 926184

>>924100
>>924125
>>924163
>>924201
>>924265
I ended up going on Fiverr, and I talked to a guy who asked for $20 for a 6-inches-tall model. Unfortunately, I sent him the wrong file by accident. The model I sent him had clothes on, and a huge dick, because I'd made a mistake when exporting the stl file from Blender. I apologized and sent him the correct one, but then another problem occurred.

My credit card had expired and I had to get a new one. Meanwhile, he had already made the model, before I even paid him. I apologized again and said I'd pay him as soon as I could use the new card, but that took a lot longer than expected. Now I'm too embarrassed about the whole situation and I want to just forget about it, but I feel guilty about not paying him.

Anonymous No. 926194

>>926184
Pay him even if it's later

Anonymous No. 928473

>>926194
yes