Image not available

1920x1080

timberborn.jpg

๐Ÿงต any ideas.

Anonymous No. 924273

m currently trying to create a game that can procedure generate this kind of maps. this image is from timberborn. i want it to spawn little tiny cubes but not minecrafty if that makes sense. i have my own blocks made but i cant figure out how to get it to do what i want it to. iv looked up things but i only find things to make minecraft. i just want a city builder. anyone got any thoughts?

Anonymous No. 924275

There are game dev threads on >>>/vg/ maybe they can help you

Anonymous No. 924303

>>924273
look up topics like "wave function collapse", I think thats what you're looking for

Anonymous No. 924304

>>924273
> iv looked up things but i only find things to make minecraft
Game dev is problem-solving. Start small, learn how to get procedural voxel map generation going, only then specialize for cities.
> I just want a city builder.
Translate that into constraints for the generator: "terrain has only one flat level. It's either ground or a building."

From that I can already picture, everything depends on the floorplan of the city. Blocks can either be street, sidewalk/pavement or building. Buildings have a minimum size on the floorplan (else it might generate a single column of blocks for a building). And such and such, tweaking the many parts of your generator algorithm.

What engine are you using? What "minecraft clone" tutorials are there for it?

Anonymous No. 924310

op here. thank you all for the suggestions. iv already started researching. i dont think i was even in the right ball park for what i needed vs what i was looking at. but i do believe im on a path now. so thanks for the help

Anonymous No. 924311

>>924273
>gamedev
huge red flag, virtually no one that attempts it is cut out for it
>posts on the wrong board
ngmi
>needs help with an extremely fundamental piece of coding
definitely, and I mean absolute 100.00% no way in hell you'll even create something substantially simpler & smaller like a minor mod for a game
>minecraft-like or -inspired
very likely underage. give up and fuck off, thx.

Anonymous No. 924888

>>924273
Start with Tetris and Snake kid, you too young for 3d procedural stuff

Anonymous No. 924891

op here. thank you to the ppl who gave advice and helped out, as far as age goes. I'm in my 30s. just new to 3d modeling and game building, the "minecraft" reference is literally how its described in tutorial videos. which is why i used the term. there words not mine. I'm glad this is a board where ppl can go to get advice and help and not be criticized.

Anonymous No. 924943

op here upd
I just realized I'm a fucking old boomerfaggot and will never gonna make i, thanks all