Image not available

944x553

moonwell views.png

🧵 Warcraft 3 model rips

Anonymous No. 925427

Well, I looked everywhere and didn't find rips of Warcraft 3 models. Not only that, but I want to 3D print them, and I knew the models would be super optimized and wonky (I was right).

I'm starting with the Moonwell, my question on this one specifically is about those little shrubs on the front. they're done with billboarding on the original... Any suggestions for simple approaches here?

I'm planning on doing the ziggurat next! Let me know which one's yall are interested in, or if anyone's done this before..

Anonymous No. 925429

wow, just noticed that I got the little side gates wrong... it's just one stick, not two... whoops

Image not available

687x614

moonwell fix.png

Anonymous No. 925431

>>925429
there

Anonymous No. 925440

Without extensive remodelling i don’t see how you could print anything decent out of this.

Anonymous No. 925443

>>925427
>Any suggestions for simple approaches here?
ignore the shrubs as far as the 3d model goes, print out on paper and glue to cardboard or very thin plastic? i have no experience in 3d printing, but wc3 is pretty based.

Anonymous No. 925444

>>925427
>y'all
LOL what a stupid retard

Anonymous No. 925451

>>925440
I'm thinking the gates will print flat, and insert into holes in the base
>>925443
yeah! physical billboarding might be a cute idea...

Image not available

441x562

zig view.png

Anonymous No. 925475

this one is a mess, and it's pretty tough to position the crystal, but it's coming along

Anonymous No. 925494

>>925427
I mean, you could print this but... why? The geometrical detail is almost nonexistent, the texturing is what's carrying everything.

Anonymous No. 925496

>>925427
This brings me back.
There are no rips because you can rip them yourself easily. Go to https://www.hiveworkshop.com/ there's a script to import the models into 3dsmax including animations.

Anonymous No. 925512

>>925427
I'm sure none of the in-game models can be suitable for 3-d printing, where you need sculpted details and not textures that fake them. Time to learn Blender and make everything from scratch.

Anonymous No. 925555

>>925427
>he can't sculpt his own moonwell

fucking kek

Anonymous No. 925558

>>925512
You can use sobel filters etc. to generate some normal and displacement maps from the existing textures.
Then use those to drive displacement in Blender geometry nodes and you've got yourself a 3d model with the original 2d detail baked in.

Anonymous No. 925560

>>925558
I admit don't know the technology, but won't it be a lot of work for a worse result? Just from the point of view that the image on the left is a cardboard scene prop, so even if you have an algorithm that generates the best possible 3d model that looks exactly like the picture from the given angle, it will be a very good cardboard scene prop. While OP wants to use the left image as the concept art and create 3d bushes in place of the carboard bushes, 3d stones around the well in place of cardboard stones and so on.

Anonymous No. 925562

>>925560
>won't it be a lot of work
No, you could do all that and tweak the results within 20 minutes - well, okay, it would take some time to learn/understand how all those tools work.
>Worse result
Possibly. Certainly a worse result than carefully recreating everything by hand.
But in general, the technique could be handy to keep in mind. It could at least give him a starting point for many of the assets, especially the parts that are true 3d and not billboards.

Image not available

593x609

Castle view.png

Anonymous No. 925606

>>925512
>>925558
I'm appreciating all the suggestions, I'll definitely be looking into this stuff.
But I do want to point out that A) these screenshots already took significant manual work in blender, and B) I find low-poly 3D prints pretty nifty, actually!

Anonymous No. 925607

>>925496
I see! Well, as you can see in the thread, I've already figured out the rip part, I'm using NinjaRipper

Anonymous No. 925844

>>925606
Make sure you don't leave any planes in the model. Everything needs to have a minimum thickness for printing. Those roofs and flags for example.