Using it for VFX....cant believe this, desu

Anonymous No. 925647

How do you use it for vfx.

Image not available

1487x472

nolie.png

Anonymous No. 925649

>>925643
dont lie to us, we dont have to pay monthly, $40 is enough. Plus the $100 for all the professional software is greater than Adobe version of $5000.

Anonymous No. 925652

>>925643
>free lifetime updates is sustainable
the /3/tards....

Anonymous No. 925654

>>925647
Its basically at least 75%+ photoshop replacement and handles color spaces a lot better, for much, much cheaper

Anonymous No. 925656

>>925654
Why not just use photopea

Anonymous No. 925657

>>925656
>pea posting

Anonymous No. 925658

>>925643
I have shilled for affinity before because I do use it and do think it's amazing. I made the swap from ps/ai about 3 years ago.

Woke up and saw this in my email and legit felt pretty shitty. Fuck them desu.
I don't see any reason to upgrade so far anyway do what I do the version I have are more than capable but yeh.

Anonymous No. 925660

>>925652
blendchuds want everything for free

Anonymous No. 925663

>>925657
>non argument

Anonymous No. 925664

>>925643
>using affinity for anything
Affinity is straight up trash all around. Even free options are better.

Anonymous No. 925665

>>925664
you are an adobe or pea shill

Anonymous No. 925683

>>925656
>use the internet and lose 90% of features that Affinity and Photoshop offers.
No thank you.

>>925658
besides the non-destructive image editing, able to use Apple Products alongside it and Live Mesh Warp. There really isn't a reason to switch yet. They give us the ability to use photoshop plugins and related photo plugins. So it'll be a long time before i switch.

Anonymous No. 925687

>>925643
>he does their marketing for free
like csp and maxon. you are a piano key.

Anonymous No. 925693

>>925665
>adobe shill
Adobe's shit is good, and it's used professionally for a good reason, but you should never pay for it unless you're a chump. Do with that as you will.
Photopea is a decent alternative that's leagues better than GIMP(ed) and Affinity, but the fact that it's online only holds it back. Not to mention it's not a full suite replacement, and only replicates PS.
For anything like vector work, publications, or vfx, obviously it can't do that shit. Though Affinity sure as fuck can't either, even if they have software "dedicated" to it.
I gave Affinity a solid go for 6 months when I decided to part ways from Adobe, but every second with that shit was an uphill battle. After that I just said "fuck it" and put on the eyepatch.

Anonymous No. 925734

>>925643
Image-Line will never do this, get fucked /3/tards

Anonymous No. 925755

>>925693
What do you think pea does better than affinity?
Serious question btw, I never even tried it because it was online only.

Anonymous No. 925793

>>925755
>What do you think pea does better than affinity?
Circle selection. Pretty sure you couldn't hold "alt" and have a selection expand from the center
Content aware fill is something I use all the time, and Affinity's was nowhere near what I expected coming from PS. Pea's isn't 100% as good as PS, but I found it to be better than Affinity's.
I can't remember if this was a problem with GIMP or Affinity, but you couldn't use adjustment layers. They just weren't a thing at all. Which meant that you couldn't edit non-destructively, which is actually retarded when you want to work on anything complex.
Another thing that I preferred over Affinity was Pea's parity with PS's UI. I could go from PS to Photopea without skipping a beat since everything worked exactly the same and was in the same places, while Affinity had some differences that would trip me up and quirks that drove me up the wall.

Granted I gave Affinity a go a year or 2 ago so some of this might have changed, but after working close to 10 years in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, old habits die really fuckin hard. Photopea isn't a perfect replacement to Photoshop, and the browser-based nature of it leaves a lot to be desired (though you can save the webpage to work offline) especially for someone like me who's more used to the concept of "programs" than online web-apps that do the same thing (the concept rubs me the wrong way), but for me personally, I found it to be a painless switch from PS for the time I gave it a go. Though as I said before, I eventually said fuck it and grabbed PS proper. If they sold actual versions of their products instead of a sub, I'd fuckin buy them, but they don't want my money once, they want it till the end of time. And frankly, they (and their shareholders) can go fuck themselves and eat a bag of Hulk-sized dicks.

Image not available

1190x758

proof.jpg

Anonymous No. 925837

>>925793
Ok time to destroy you

Circle selection not a good way to start because every program has this feature in their own way, Pea is not better, it's the same concept from Photoshop and Affinity.

Content aware, Pea sucks at this, can't do basic fill-in only the subtract and addition. Pea is completely in this area. Affinity offers all Photoshop options as anyone using Content aware should expect.

Affinity V1 does have this problem yes that's why they have fix it in V2. Pea can't 100% do non-destructive editing. I try and it will always destroy the image, a simple draw can not be used to save it.

Pea is not Photoshop UI, this is a a lie. I have been working with photoshop longer than you kid and can confirm that Pea UI is awful. My color switch's are stuck next to history, cant rename layers, anything i click moves, no brushes, no styles, etc.

Your not an expert in Photoshop, your just drop out. Affinity is better, you can use Affinity offline and I don't have to pay internet if i choose to not want to pay for internet.

Anonymous No. 925849

>>925837
What do they ask you in that test.

Anonymous No. 925852

>>925849
i had to sign a NDA saying i cant tell the test but many people say the test is random, even if i say it you wont get the same questions.

Gmetrix is the closes you can get to the real experience: https://www.gmetrix.com/Products/Details/Adobe-Certified-Professional-Photoshop-2021-Practice-Test

Anonymous No. 925878

>>925852
Different anon. If I asked, "if I have used Affinity as a hobbyist for a couple years, would I incidentally be able to pass that test?" would you be able to answer that?

Side note: really the only feature I wish Affinity had in non-destructive form was mesh warping. Really, the whole mesh warping utility needs a huge overhaul. Either that, or I don't understand how to properly use it. Having to always work with a static upright rectangular frame is kind of ass, as well as the limitation that you can't place anchor points off of one of the lines without subdividing at least one region into four whole new regions is kind of a gigantic pain in the ass.

Anyway, yeah, I can't say I've used the actual photoshop for anywhere as long as you, but my awareness is that Affinity drives a hard bargain at being a feature-complete alternative for most use cases.

Anonymous No. 925896

>>925837
So your "proof" is a $20 test that any pajeet can take and pass?

Anonymous No. 925897

>>925878
no, Affinity is different from photoshop, Photoshop content aware can move stuff when you select it during when the content aware is on with no holes. Affinity can only hide the stuff you select, unless you move it first then fill in the hole that it created.

Don't know why they did this but maybe it has to do with Adobe having ownership on that trick. Also just in case, Pea does move the selected image without holes but with problems, lag on my gaming PC doesn't bring me much hope, noticeable errors more than Photoshop and Affinity, Pea free selection bugs out as well as magic magnetic tool, after you use pea's content aware move tool, etc. I will never recommend Pea with all these errors and bugs, how can it be called open source if you cant fix it.

Oh the button names in Photoshop are different than what you ever learn in any program. One good example is "embedded" is what is called for uploading pictures into pictures. The text button is called "Typed" stupid name, everyone knows it but adobe refuse to change it. Sidebar? no that's called the Palettes.

You may not be able to pass the test since it does make you name the buttons so you need a good study book to know it or just remember the button names that adobe gives out in their doc.

Anonymous No. 925898

>>925896
Technically it cost $150 and no not everyone passes because you have to do actual photoshop stuff. The picture i uploaded is basic terminology, want to see higher expert certification test?

Anonymous No. 925942

>>925898
>Unironically posting pajeet tests and acting like it means shit.

fuck off cris

Anonymous No. 925964

>>925693
If you can't make at least $70 a month doing what you do to pay for having the industry standard and not having to be a fucking poor loser who no one wants to work with, then you should do something else, seriously. I always find an idiot who still needs business card (in fact, many a month) and with just one of those I pay for my full Adobe suite. Stop being poor and pay for your first class tools for once. Fucking losers.

Anonymous No. 925979

>>925964
I can afford to pay for a sub. I make much much more than the $70 a month for it. It's not about being poor, the point is the principle. The retards always drone on and on "if you don't like it than vote with your wallet". I'm doing just that. They're not getting a cent from me.
I've already said that if they offered a one-time option I'd buy the whole suite. Hell, I used to do that. I'm still using my version of CS6 for PS. InDesign and Illustrator had some updates in CC that are useful to my workflow so that's why I copped them. But as it is, the suite isn't worth the monthly payment considering the lackluster incremental updates they keep putting out (treating things more like LTS than an actual program that should have feature releases to keep people buying). Especially considering I've more than paid their worth already if it was a one-time purchase, and have nothing to show for it but a gaping asshole where they've been fucking me.
By the sound of it, looks like you could fit a whole bus through yours. Hope they at least took you out to dinner first.

Anonymous No. 925987

>>925942
Corp paying me $1000s to make ads you see everyday in your live. GG noob, you will see my ads.

Anonymous No. 926009

>>925979
Oh wow, so you thought Adobe will miss your $70 a month? Get real dude. You drag your balls thru glass with all those shitty wannabes you "purchase" one time just because you think you are sticking it to Adobe? You can't be any more pathetic. I don't give a fuck if they are rich or if they want me to pay monthly or in one payment. I just need the tools to work and it happens to be that the best tools are super affordable even for a pajeet who makes a couple of design jobs a month. I'm nowhere close to being rich and even in this shitty economy, $70 a month doesn't even make a dent in my account.
And you think when an advertising agency sends me a 14' x 48' billboard design in Illustrator I'm going to tell them "sorry, I can't open it because I only work with fucking Affinity and no, I'm not poor or anything, I'm just sticking it to Adobe for being greedy, so go buy Affinity and re send me the design"?? Yeah, sure. Or when I have to send the finished ad to a printer they are going to change their specs just because I'm on a cause? Sure. $70 a month is not even worth my time pirating the fucking thing.

Anonymous No. 926014

>>926009
you work in advertising? Fucking disgusting anon.

Anonymous No. 926172

>>925643
You are a complete and utter idiot. Go and learn how the world works you worthless trash; programming software like this is hard work and expensive and they charge an extremely reasonable fee.

They're just adopting Adobe's old business model, except charging significantly less. They never said they'd provide you free major updates forever you stupid trash lol.

Anonymous No. 926192

>>926172
Dont do it anon, OP is far too much upon benchode Belnder ass "I can have it for free"

Anonymous No. 926616

>>925643
Not to disrupt the cycle of shitposting here or anything but the fact that version 2 was going to be a paid upgrade has been known for literal years.

I would know, since I adopted the program like 3 years ago and knew it then.

Anonymous No. 926621

>>926009
now do blender.

Anonymous No. 928518

>>926621
dear god

Anonymous No. 928522

>>928518
necro posting is an offense