Image not available

992x880

Untitled.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 926377

I am a brainlet fucking around with 3D. I want to make cool low poly dragon. Idk how to attach wing "fingers" to one point without clipping so it looks good. I am manually placing all the vertices. This seems easier with high poly since you can just kind of stretch the model wherever like putty. But how do I make this? Please give idea because I have no idea how to make this joint.

Image not available

426x492

fgsfds.png

Anonymous No. 926401

At this sort of poly count, you don't have to connect them at all. But still, if you want to...

Anonymous No. 926442

>>926401
Thanks anon! I'll try this as soon as I get home. I'm shit at topology/geometry.

Image not available

662x721

Untitled.png

Anonymous No. 926461

>>926401
Werx :D

Anonymous No. 926669

>>926377
Actually look at lowpoly models from games you like. Find them on the web, import them, inspect them.
They're full of floating geometry, disconnected stuff etc.

Nobody gives a shit if there are no visual problems. They're too immersed in the game / cinematic, nobody is going to stop and think about it.

What I'm trying to say is, in lowpoly you can perfectly keep some things physically separate and interpenetrating, if it doesn't make a visual difference. Like a house chimney clipping on a roof.

Image not available

1013x293

Screenshot 2022-1....jpg

Anonymous No. 927212

>>926669
Not OP, but I want to thank you - I hadn't considered just intersecting meshes, in my mind they had to all be joined up and carefully put together.